Gearbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    X30YES
    Happy 1000 posts Sheliz :)....well done girl !!!

Gorbash12346
    yeah there was quite an issue with the newer style gearboxes and making a ticking noise as the car sat idling in neutral then went away when the clutch was depressed, i have to be honest apart from replacing loads of things we didn't find a fix until we had a visit from the (guru??? lol) and from there on i haven't heard any more about it sorry

as for difficult to get reverse get into the habit of putting the car into 1st then into reverse without releasing the clutch in between (i.e. keeping the pedal on the floor throughout) this should allow access to the gear and stop any scrunching noise issues also generally a good idea for the longevity of the box, as for it being sticky does it occur at any particular time? i.e. only reverse??

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Gorbash12346 Is there a fix for the noisy box then or do I just have to live with it. It really is getting louder as time goes on.

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by ianking

Gorbash12346 Is there a fix for the noisy box then or do I just have to live with it. It really is getting louder as time goes on.
    OIL change worked for my car

Gorbash12346
    if it is under warranty i'd complain and hopefully they will carry out some kind of work... without knowing what noise your talking about i can't really say more than that but if in doubt and it's under warranty get it looked at

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Ok. In last few weeks it sometimes is awkward to get into all gears at other times it just reverse and hey sometimes its ok too. have to get my runflat warning system seen to so will ask them to check gear box out too.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.