What A Shame

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I feel so sorry for Dana and Brian and the many others who travelled long distances to get to the Edinburgh street party only for it to be cancelled at the last minute :(

Bonnie Scotland

Kirsty
    I know I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the TV!!!:( All those peple who travel from all over the world to come to Edin and to be standing about in what looked like darkness for hours!!!:disapprove: It wasn't a very nice night either!!!:(

seany
    i agree with you

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I feel so sorry for Dana and Brian and the many others who travelled long distances to get to the Edinburgh street party only for it to be cancelled at the last minute :(

Bonnie Scotland
    What about we sneak up to the castle and light the blue touch paper now:evil::clown:

macblob
    Glad i stayed in with a couple of friends as it wasnt pleasant in edin last night at all

Yucky cold rain

Sponsor & Jakey
    Sure looked a wild night in Auld Reekie :disapprove: I was happily tucked up in snow-bound Crieff with a nice wee bottle of Jack D, and a spare bottle of Talisker (for medicinal purposes of course) :approve:
    Hope it didn't spoil Brian and Dana's visit too much.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Monsta Mo Mini
    You can't plan for these things and I'm sure there would have been an even bigger outcry if injuries were incurred due to stray fireworks. Safety first and all that! A real shame for those that missed out though. The fireworks on Monday night wre brilliant!

I hate to think what damage it's done to the reputation of Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations for future years. I certainly doubt anyone would be willing to pay the over inflated hotel rates ever again. (£600 for three nights B&B...in a B&B was the worst I'd heard of).

Reminds me of the Millennium when we were in Ullapool where it was so windy the fireworks display consisted of half a dozen rockets shooting ALONG the main street!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    A "wee" bottle of Jack D (mmmmmmmm...Jack D)? You're not getting old now are you Willie?

Mini Martyn
    I heard today that some one from Montorse stole the fire works!!

Mod number 40063 for BS??