Mellow Yellow progress report

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Kirsty
    Contacted my insurance company who got the Nationwide crash repair centre to contact me at 8.30am this morning!!!!:sleepy:
    The estimator took a look at it and said that he reckons she will need a new door, new 1/4 panel and new pump for my screen wash!!:(
    The first date that I could get her booked in was 29th Jan!!!:( I'll get a hire car through my insurance which I'll no doubt have to pay for!!:mad: I think the astra man should pay for it through his insurance on top of my repair since it was all his fault!!:mad::blackeye: :mad:
    I'll keep you all up to date!!:)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Kirsty, you are quite correct, the Astra driver should be charged for your use of the hire car, your company will have to pay up front and then claim it back from him once the final figure is calculated :)
    As ever, it's always the innocent that end up inconvenienced :mad:

Hope the repairs go smoothly

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
    thats what happened with me, all costs incurred were covered by the other mans insurance company. the only time you need to put money down is a small deposit on the hire car, if required, which you then get back when you return the hire car :)

BOB
    I had my car bashed in few weeks back now and they just drove off and left it.!!! Wing all dented and the bumper had dropped and its all scratched. :mad: Havent been to get a quote on the damage yet!!! Makes me angry because i dont see why i should pay for it!!! :mad:

Kirsty I think you should make that guy pay for the damage to your car!!!

macblob
    I hate getting my property damaged by ignorant ba**ards who cant take anyone but themselves into consideration

Some Ejit scratched the rear panel on the drivers side of my car when it was only about 2 mionths old. Cost me about £300 for the respray that i ended up paying myself cause otherwise i would have lost 2 yrs on claims (didnt have enough to protect it then) grrrrrrr:mad:

Make the guys insurance pay for the lot incl hire car Kirsty. Why should you be out of pocket for something that isnt your fault.

seany
    nice to hear it is getting it fix.

Resident old yin.
    Kirsty,

Depends on your insurance cover. Some polcies provide a car automatically at no cost to you. Others require you to pay for it but you should be able to claim the cost back and other things like your policy excess if you have a thing called something like "motor legal protection cover" with your policy. Also claim incidental things like taxi fares etc if you incur them.

I've done this twice in the past and although it takes a few months to get the cash back.

Another thing is to tell your insurance company that as you are not to blaim for the accident (any witnesses from the run???) you do not expect your no claim bonus status to be effected.

duncan
    Another way could be let the Astra Drivers insurance process the claim, if they admit liability.
    This might take a few weeks, but if the car is drivable, then not too much of a worry.
    You may not have to pay out the excess if they do it for you.

I had the offer from the person who hit me, in my previous car. Wish i took them up on the offer as the approved repairer - in Arbroath - made a mess of the repairs.

Oh, and hope M.Y. gets well soon!

Kirsty
    Happy New Year to everyone!!!:) Thank you all for your advice!! :)I've had various bits of info through the post re:hire cars and "motor legal protection cover" so I think I do have it!!:) I'll contact my insurance again at the beginning of next week to see whats happening!!! Last night my side repeater indicator unit came off and was dangling at the side of the car when I got home!!! M.Y. really isn't a well wee bunny at all at the mo!!!:(

seany
    it will soon be back to 100% better.