Closed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by X30YES
    time will tell if it grabs me enough to go out and get one .
    Ah go on go on, you know you want one, can't take it with you and all that :evil:
    The thing is ..I KNOW THAT i do

GP 1536
    I've had mine for just over a month now.Only done 600 miles in it,so still not ran it in fully.Once it's run in I'll be able to compare it to my old car which was a Civic Type R.

My inpressions of the Mini are thats with the stiff suspension it makes it uncomforable to be in sometimes.Wouldn't like to do a long motorway journey in it.Great round the B roads though.Fantastic sound of it,especially when your changing gear.Theres a nice burble between changes.Looks fantastic.A real head turner,especially with other mini owners.Was to sure about the red door mirrors when I saw it in the brochure but I like them now as it makes the car identifyable(sp).When you see Mini with red mirrors (and not red body colour) you'll know it's a GP.I like the rear spoiler as well.Again,makes it identifyable.Not sure about the wheels though.

Performance wise,can't really say until I run it in,but you know it going to be as quick as the CTR.Which is not bad for a 1600.

Love the leather heated Recaros ! And the GP kick plates.

Don't like the way the stereo automatically gets louder to compensate for the increase in engine noise.Can be a wee bit off putting.

Sterring wheel could be a bit thinner,and the gear nob is a bit chucky compare with the CTR.Could be a tad smaller too.

The biggest bug bear is the gearbox.Horrific.Awkward,clucky and you don't get smooth gear changes.I'm hoping that it will soften when its eventually run in.If it doesn't,I'm afraid to say the CTR'S gearbox is far superior.

Another small issue.It has to many badges on the back.Don't really need the 'Cooper S','JCW' badges on them.The 'GP' badge where the Cooper S badge is would have been enough.Too bling.

All in all it's still a great car.Just can't wait to release the beast when it's run in.

quote:Originally posted by GP 1536

The biggest bug bear is the gearbox.Horrific.Awkward,clucky and you don't get smooth gear changes.I'm hoping that it will soften when its eventually run in.If it doesn't,I'm afraid to say the CTR'S gearbox is far superior.

easy sorted fit a short shifter
    Cooper Coupe...

Wul
    But the Civic gearbox was taken out a 2CV!!

euan
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by GP 1536

easy sorted fit a short shifter
    My take on that - for the car aimed as a pure driving machine, you shouldn't need to fit short shifter. If it needed it, it should have come with one.

I'd love to have a go, but I don't think I could live with one due the amount of motorway miles I do.

X30YES
    "Another small issue.It has to many badges on the back.Don't really need the 'Cooper S','JCW' badges on them.The 'GP' badge where the Cooper S badge is would have been enough.Too bling."

A Kettle of hot water will sort out that problem

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Amazing how different everyone is, I would only change two things about the GP,I would fit a Glove box and the plastic clip that holds the rear compartment is feeble other than that its a fantastic car.

I drove it to Milton Keynes and back and its the most comfortable mini I have driven too.

Its NOT a focus or a CIVIC its a bl00dy good mini!!

rant over have a nice weekend:)

X30YES
    The seats are good ...and would say better than my Works ones ....The only thing I might add is a rear wiper

GP 1536
    Yeah.Your right about the clip John.This is the 1st Mini I've had so I am unable to compare it to others witrh regards to the comfort of the ride.It is a fantastic Mini,and if the gearbox softens up then it will be a fantastic car.

GP 1536
    quote:Originally posted by euan
    My take on that - for the car aimed as a pure driving machine, you shouldn't need to fit short shifter. If it needed it, it should have come with one.

Agreed