is there any point...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by RedMini2902

quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

so I'm sure a Cooper can keep up with a S on a twisty road anyway - stir, stir, - NOT at challenge before any of you S speed freaks start! And I said keep up with orificer, NOT race :I
    Will actually beat it through the twisites, there is a post on Mini2 where the cooper was faster round a track but the fastest of all was a chipped One, due the gear ratios or some other boring mechanical thing
    Cooper faster round a track than an S - nah I don't think so somehow :)

I'm sure the driver can play a part but the same driver would easily be quicker in an S.

RedMini2902
    http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39391&page=2&pp=40&highlight=crof t+track+day

Okay they are faster and not too many straights on that track helped I think, they are faster cars yes but not that fast!

minidriver#1
    i just found out that MINISPEED offer a 160 bhp conversion for the cooper and MINI one

Cooper stage 3 - ECU Remap, big valve cylinder head,fast road cam, induction kit, stainless steel exhaust system, stainless steel tubular exhaust manifold and bespoke inlet manifold. 115-165 bhp. not a bad increase.

But the price for all that is £3000. a grand more than the stage 2 which takes it to 150bhp approx.

stage 1 is a simple remap to take it from 115 to 130 for £270. hmmm.

its in this months mini magazine which is a good read might i add. I bought that and mini world.

Resident old yin.
    The gearbox in the ONE/Cooper cannot stand much more torque so that conversion could be very risky. The ONE D and S required a change to another gearbox as the 5 speed couldn't handle it.

minidriver#1
    i wonder how much a gear box would cost... hmmm

sh@z
    kj has his thinking cap on once again

RedMini2902
    you got a web addy for MINISPEED

minidriver#1
    lemme see. www.minispeed.co.uk but it seems to be classics just now, they dont seem to have a section for the newm ini, but its in the mini world mag.

Quik_Mini
    KJ if you really want to do work to you Cooper engine (which is not advisable) I can do it for you for far far cheaper than Minispeed, I mean if your looking at spending 3k you could probably get about 200bhp for that. Skaven29@hotmail is my msn if you want to talk about it.

RedMini2902
    Yeah I tried google and thats what I got I was just wondering if there was another :)