is there any point...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sh@z
    yup... s_qadir786@hotmail.com

minidriver#1
    ok i added you

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Hi KJ. I thought very long & hard about a Cooper or S earlier this year when I got my Cooper. I price difference is not that much and I plan to keep the car 3 years or more. Main decider was running cost - It is my main transport, clocking up 20,000 miles per year so insurance, MPG, tyres etc important, and once the car is out of warranty I don't fancy paying fix the super charger. I also do most of my driving not on dual carriageways so outright performance is not as important as handling.
    Dunno if this helps but if cost is part of the issue for you then the extra running cost of the S leaves less for mods. Cheers

minidriver#1
    i'm 70% leaning to keeping the cooper, for the same reasons as above but for others also. Twice i've come close to not breaking in time approaching roundabouts, completely misjudging em. A cooper s is just gonna tempt me eventually even though i have good self restraint, i'd find it too tempting to play a bit more than i should.

£2900 is the cheapest qute i have recieved for an S, thats over 2 grand more than what i currently pay for the cooper. £2000 = a set of 19inch Arospeed GTs and coilovers. lol.

And to be honest, although i yearn for more power, i tend to cruise rather than whiz around, so the slow lane is for me, for now.

But some day i will have an S, just not for a few years. Nearly 90% of all my present and future mods will be transferable to a new MINI so its not a huge problem.

But most importantly....

how can i get rid of that? ^ tee hee

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I think you've made your mind up KJ, £2900 for a years insurance is just plain daft, you don't whizz about as it is except for the odd occasion, you could always upgrade the brakes

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
    hehe, true, but this decision means that i'll be on the look out for rides in other peoples S's :P

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Yeh! stay with your great looking Cooper and be different .
    I've easily kept up with much more powerful cars on the twisty bits (Scoobies, Mercs, BMWs, TTs, Jags, etc) so I'm sure a Cooper can keep up with a S on a twisty road anyway - stir, stir, - NOT at challenge before any of you S speed freaks start! And I said keep up with orificer, NOT race :I

KJ, you have made the right choice. I love our S but the Cooper we had was more than fast enough. The only time an S is faster is in a straight line, or when somebody is "bragging" at a bar.
    Your car is individual, classy and with the money you would save on purchase and insurance, the options are endless.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    The only thing I'm gonna say is your car looks fantastic in that pic KJ.

RedMini2902
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

so I'm sure a Cooper can keep up with a S on a twisty road anyway - stir, stir, - NOT at challenge before any of you S speed freaks start! And I said keep up with orificer, NOT race :I
    Will actually beat it through the twisites, there is a post on Mini2 where the cooper was faster round a track but the fastest of all was a chipped One, due the gear ratios or some other boring mechanical thing