is there any point...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    minidriver#1
    in modding a cooper up to the hilt when you can get a cooper S and do the same thing to that but only more? this is my dilema.

knaone
    You wont get a Silk Green S tho?

minidriver#1
    true. the fact that i have a silk green cooper is keeping me with the car... but if i continue to mod the car, its gonna be harder to sell because it'll be over priced for a cooper, i think.

Resident old yin.
    Speniding a lot on it if you are not planning on keeping it for a long time might not be very economical.

Get an S, if you want more pace.

minidriver#1
    i've only added the kit and spots. The spots i can keep for the S, if i decide to go for it. But thats why i'ves not added anything else, cos i know i'll make a loss ontop of the usual depreciation.

Any recommendations on what to do when i go see how much the garages will buy the car back for?

Sponsor & Jakey
    Same dilema I went through KJ. After months of soul searching I finally caved in and went for the S. Absolutely love my Cooper but the lack of significant performance enhancing bits (oooops, I sound like Wayne Chambers (alegedly :I)) pushed me towards the S.

Gotta say you've got one cool MINI there though mate, I'd think long and hard before I made any rash decisions. Now what about that M3 engine conversion that's been muted??? :approve:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

minidriver#1
    the people that did the m3 took them 3 months to do. i'll never get ensured lol. but i found an insurer that'll take me on the S. Its so hard :(

Willie, i thought your Cooper looked pretty damn good in my rear view on the last run, seeing it move around like that with the kit and the stripes. Are you going for the same colour? and are you moving the kit and the extra bits to your new car?

Also, how much did you get back for your cooper, PM that if you want. I'd be interested in knowing because i want to make sure the dealers dont try n fob me off.

Sponsor & Jakey
    It's gonna hurt to part with Stouffer, that's for sure :( I've had a lot of fun with the wee car :approve:
    The new car's a DS/DS JCW S with chili pack and aerokit (of course ). That's it. No stripes, no nothing, for now anyway.

Either going to fit the Kahn RSS's or get myself a new set of wheels in the spring (really like the look of the Compomotives Linda got for Daisy). A wee ICE upgrade too and then we'll see where we go from there.

Have you driven an S at all yet KJ? If so, what did you think?

Will send you a PM re: trade-in
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

sh@z
    Totally see where you are coming from KJ, there is a real lack of what you can do to a cooper which wont result in u losing a packet :(. You could always get the S sprayed in Silk Green "aftermarket" if you really wanted to heheh. Insurance - ouch :(

Willie... knew you wouldnt leave the mini family.. but that one hellova beasty u gone for hehehe... get the shadow viper stripes

minidriver#1
    hey Shaz, you got msn?