Drivers window trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jayex
    Anyone had the same problem ?
    My driver's side window stopped working yesterday, and no amount of toggling seems to get it to budge. The door still opens and closes ok - although it does catch a little on the A pillar, but the window just refuses to move at all :dead: - I can hear a switching noise in the door as if something is trying to work, :dead:

any sugestions or thoughts - i thought maybe the motor ?... anyone replaced the motor themselfs - if so was it a fairly easy job ?
    thanks in advance :)

Bignorm
    BETTER GETTING IT CHECKED could be the motor or the regulator the regulators are more common tho

SpongeBob
    Without Starting WWIII i'd say we sell more motors than regulators,Quite common fault tho check the motor feed to see if you are getting power through the pillar.

jayex
    quote:Originally posted by SpongeBob

Without Starting WWIII i'd say we sell more motors than regulators,Quite common fault tho check the motor feed to see if you are getting power through the pillar.
    ok, thanks for the help - i take it the motor is in the door:question: thats where the clunking noise is coming from when i try to put the window down - if i take off the door card trim will get to it that way ? :clown:

SpongeBob
    yup,it is behind the door trim,but theres lots of screws and clips to remove in the door panel to get it off,good luck tho

Don't know about the Mini but I can tell you this is a very very very very common fault on the X5's and it is mainly down to the regulator. Which I'm sure Spongebob can confirm if more regulators are sold for the X5.

So toss a coin take it to the dealer and get it fixed witha new motor or regulator
    Cooper Coupe...

jayex

yup,it is behind the door trim,but theres lots of screws and clips to remove in the door panel to get it off,good luck tho
    Thanks for all you help SpongeBob, but i have been out and slammed the door shut a few times while holding the toggle switch down ( as per thread on mini2 ) and its now working again !!....:) How weird eh!!! Not exactly a hi tech solution :clown:- but it seems to have worked, although i have no idea why?? :I

SpongeBob
    Loose connection somewhere julie,bit if aint broke and all that,touch wood it doesnt give you any more bother.

jayex

Loose connection somewhere julie,bit if aint broke and all that,touch wood it doesnt give you any more bother.
    Yeh seems like it - strange tho .... Aw well fingers crossed and aw that
    just glad it working again - well for now anyhoo
    If at first you don’t succeed..... Give it a gid auld thump!!! :I

jayex
    .. thanks for the help anyway folks