changing to non runflats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mini_sco
    hi guys had my cooper for just over a year, had 2 get 2 new tyres due to punctures, 1 for tyre wear, and the damn light just came on again.... thinking bout changing to normal tyres as paying out £100+ a tyre aint good... where can i get go to get good tyres and them fitted in edinburgh?
    Cheers

X30YES
    First of all, pop in to the Introduce youself thread and say hello there ,secondly , What are you going to do [s] when [/s] if you get a puncture :question:...Look here for tyres and also try
    here

johnsop1
    He will be able to get various products that can instantly seal punctures. More importantly if he gets non-runflats he will find that wallet will be less empty, he won't run the risk of being told that his tyres cannot be repaired (that happend to me after just 600 miles) and that handling and comfort will be VASTLY improved. Not everyone who owns a MINI has money to burn.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by johnsop1
    He will be able to get various products that can instantly seal punctures
    Not strictly true :evil: as happened to me on a mini run i was left stranded in Pitlochry because the puncture occurred on the inner sidewall :mad:
    The sealant simply passed straight through the tyre :mad:
    Took me 4 hours to get home and then still had to replace the tyre :mad:
    I will never use non run flat tyres :approve:

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    that's just because your getting old BS...

soopercooper
    i just changed to non runflats and it was the best thing i have done to the mini.its quieter smoother,handling has vastly improved and bankbalance has increased

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I took the option of buying the spare when I specced the one:approve: So I can run either Although after only doing 10k in 3 1/2 years I think my tyres will perish before they wear oot:I :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

I got 2 new front tyres non runflat from Duddingston coachworks, same industrial estate as Apex signs. £90 each same make as my runflats too. Ask for Billy, he's a very nice man, a very very nice man
    Life Can Be As Irritating As Fleas On A Kitten!!!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I put non run flat on the front, 17's incase you were wondering. Like another member said earlier it was the best thing he has done to the car. I would agree completely. My car handles better, less bouncy and twitchy, less road noise and the tyres are much much cheaper.

soopercooper
    it was me that said that.minis shouldnt come from the factory with runflats.it would probably be cheaper to supply a spare than four runflats and would also decrease running costs at traditional tyres are cheaper and better