Smilies

Pink Lady
    Help me, an a maniac, went on to the smilie site, it said download 1000's of smilies free, done that, but seem to have emm - kinda lost it! Any ideas?:I

X30YES
    First of all you should post in the appropriate thread !, then try and download them again and see where it gives you the option to save them to (dont download tho) that way you will see where they have been saved .Try your downloaded prog folder or search option "Smilies"...then delete the lot

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Pink Lady

Help me, an a maniac, went on to the smilie site, it said download 1000's of smilies free, done that, but seem to have emm - kinda lost it! Any ideas?:I
    What that really means is if you click on this link, then we'll infect your computer with a load of spyware and potentially a virus or two!

Get some Anti-virus and anti spyware software for your PC if you haven't already!
    nothing like that is ever 'free'..

For anti virus, if you haven't got any, this free one is good...
    And I would seriously recommend downloading and running the following at least once a week if you're going to be searching for more Free Smiley sites..:

Spybot and Adaware - both for stomping on Spyware, that all those 'free stuff' sites like to infect your computer with..

X30YES
    AVG ...:approve:

PACMAN
    here a some good sites with the spyware crap !!!!

http://www.thesmilies.com/

http://www.websmileys.com/

Pink Lady
    Thanks everyone, goin to need to get a grip of myself!:I

Pink Lady
    Ewan,
    Downloaded the free anti virus file, got rid of the smilies thing also, thanks for the advice.:)

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Pink Lady

Ewan,
    Downloaded the free anti virus file, got rid of the smilies thing also, thanks for the advice.:)
    Good Stuff

The other two things, Spybot and Adaware will also remove any spyware that's been put on your PC too - Lovely software that reports back email addresses and your surfing habits to whoever was kind enough to infect your PC with it :blackeye::blackeye:
    If you install one or both of these and run them once a week or so you should be able to keep your PC in good health :)
    (Spyware may also sow your PC down, especially when surfing the web, and particularly if anyone uses the PC for gaming online)

X30YES
    Best not to download anything like that at all ,sites like that are notorious for "planting" all sorts on your pc.As Lnl said Ad-Aware is good at cleaning out unwanted trackers etc.