Wee Dougie's Off On His Travels

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    mikeythemini
    Gutted for you mate :(

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

They explained to me that they keep standard valve guides in to reduce oil leakage past the stems :evil:
    Hmmm.. sounds a bit iffy to me!
    If this was one of their high spec/power heads, don't they still replace the valves with bigger ones? That's practically one of the ten commandments of Mini Tuning! :mad:

So if they haven't replaces the valves.. what ELSE haven't they done?
    Make sure the engineer reports what's been done to the engine to compare with what MS SAY has been done :blackeye:...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
    If this was one of their high spec/power heads, don't they still replace the valves with bigger ones? That's practically one of the ten commandments of Mini Tuning! :mad:
    I'm not gonna say too much, yet, but, i'd expect the valves to have been changed, the engineers report will reveal all
    Sheesh, just noticed it was the 12th September 2006 this all started :disapprove:

So I take it everyone should use mini sport for engine conversions......

Oh Alittle salt in the wounds I like stiring it up....

Poor Dougie.......

Now is he comming or going.. or still not decided. Shame Real beauty of a car. But at least saves you on Road tax......

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000
    Now is he comming or going.. or still not decided. Shame Real beauty of a car. But at least saves you on Road tax......
    Currently he's at Minimaster in Penrith, he is fully taxed, must be due end of September

Car
    any update of Poor Wee Dougie's struggle for life?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by low_n_loud1 View Post
    any update of Poor Wee Dougie's struggle for life?
    Still undergoing his revival, however, i have had several conversations with the technical engineer regarding his old heart

Car
    Oh boy...
    I've only ever heard good things about Minimaster in Penrith tho, not one of the big high profile places, I'm sure they had a stall at the Scottish Mini weekend a couple of times.. :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by low_n_loud1 View Post
    Oh boy...
    I've only ever heard good things about Minimaster in Penrith
    They are very down to earth guys who explained everything they could and couldn't do for me.
    The decisions we made should ensure Dougie has a very healthy heart with bags of torque and acceleration.
    By bringing in a quality company like Swiftune to modify the cylinder head and using the latest ecu techniques that are a must for tuning Mpi engines should ensure a happy outcome :)

Car
    Mmmmmm... swiftune...... <drools a little bit>