Youll probably all hate me!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    soopercooper
    quote:Originally posted by P33 ULC

Phoned Fairbairns in Irvine today to enquire about an aero front bumper, was quoted £275 inc vat and a 20% discount cos i work with Arnold Clark for the bumper & grills. Got speaking to the guy on the phone, turns out he knows one of my mates and knows my old car, told him id let him know about the bumper. 10 mins later he called me back and said 'mate ive got the absolute deal of a century here you wont believe it!, your cars dark silver, right? Well in our stock room classed as old stock we have the full aerokit factory painted dark silver, it was ordered and never picked up 3 months ago by the customer, its worth 900, we were gonna chuck it out or ebay it, would you be interested?' I thought it was gonna be a fortune but he said his manager would accept £300 plus vat for it (£357) which at £82 more than the front bumper for the full kit truly was the deal of the century!!!! Gonna start fitting it tonight and see how it goes. Anyone else had any good deals like this. I really am so happy i phoned now!
    hey i work for arnold clark too,what branch do u work at.im at mosspark

jayex
    quote:Originally posted by P33 ULC

Was in the original wrapping, the guy opened one of the boxes in front of me to show me the skirts! They are fitted now (only took 4 hours with bare minimum tools) Will get a few pics tommorow hopefully. I kept the big black number plate thing off cos it looked daft with my short plate so ill stick it on with some double sided 2moro. Dead chuffed it was quite easy and fitted perfectly. Only hard bit was the aero top grill tryin to remove those silly clip things
    lookin forward to the pics - bet its really smart

soopercooper, i work @ kilmarnock ford

Heres the sideskirts straight after fitting, this honestly took about 20 mins per side it was so easy :)

And this is the front bumper at midnight after id been out a run after finishing it! Still not got a plate on it as i think itll ruin its good looks Might get a wee one for the front. Sorry its not a good pic, it is midnight and it is my phone :I

jayex
    Looks great!!!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    :approve::approve::approve:

gill
    Nice one .... car looks good :approve::approve:

PACMAN
    Very Nice :approve:

Some more quick pics from lunchtime. Its gonna kill me to put a plate on it, it looks so good!

N12 JLK
    bugger:(
    looks cool

I HATE YOU LOL, congrats on the bargain Looks great