Youll probably all hate me!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Phoned Fairbairns in Irvine today to enquire about an aero front bumper, was quoted £275 inc vat and a 20% discount cos i work with Arnold Clark for the bumper & grills. Got speaking to the guy on the phone, turns out he knows one of my mates and knows my old car, told him id let him know about the bumper. 10 mins later he called me back and said 'mate ive got the absolute deal of a century here you wont believe it!, your cars dark silver, right? Well in our stock room classed as old stock we have the full aerokit factory painted dark silver, it was ordered and never picked up 3 months ago by the customer, its worth 900, we were gonna chuck it out or ebay it, would you be interested?' I thought it was gonna be a fortune but he said his manager would accept £300 plus vat for it (£357) which at £82 more than the front bumper for the full kit truly was the deal of the century!!!! Gonna start fitting it tonight and see how it goes. Anyone else had any good deals like this. I really am so happy i phoned now!

Kosta
    Jammy Bugger!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I got a similar deal from Menzies, £400 delivered to Montrose

jayex
    thats a great deal... i like to see that one beaten well done, you must be well chuffed - dont suppose they had one in indi blue - i would love the Aero kit
    mind and post some picks when its all fitted

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Thats a great deal. Well done.

Don't forget to post some piccies when its finished.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    lucky u ask if he has ans skirts liyin about :)
    New sig coming soon

Sweeney
    I doubt it was "ordered and never picked up", thats just some sales BS mate. Most likely got there hands on it from a traded car or some other way. If anything they would have contacted the buyer rather than left it for months waiting on them being collected. I suggest keeping your standard S kit if you have room to store it somewhere as you could sell it (visually inspect it for ANY damages etc before leaving the dealer with them boxed up).

Although it is lucky and if i was you i'd get a couple tickets on for the lottery

Coop
    Nicely done

Agree with Sweeney though, no dealer would let someone order that in without chasing them for the £!

X30YES
    Deal of the century or what ...nice one :approve:

Was in the original wrapping, the guy opened one of the boxes in front of me to show me the skirts! They are fitted now (only took 4 hours with bare minimum tools) Will get a few pics tommorow hopefully. I kept the big black number plate thing off cos it looked daft with my short plate so ill stick it on with some double sided 2moro. Dead chuffed it was quite easy and fitted perfectly. Only hard bit was the aero top grill tryin to remove those silly clip things