Mini Parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quik_Mini
    Ello all, I am planning a little project for my Cooper S when I get it and was wondering if anyone knows a couple of things?

How much power the gearbox can handle?
    How much power the clutch can handle?
    Does any company in britain do enlarged throttlebody housing?
    What the intercooler can handle?
    Does anyone know the differences between the big valve cylinder head and the standard (sizes etc)?
    Does anyone know of any company that does a reprogramable chip for the mini?

Just basically saves me from having to blow up a load of parts to find out what power they can handle

Vosh
    Yikes. I have no idea, but all sounds like it will be very expensive!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Quik_Mini

Ello all, I am planning a little project for my Cooper S when I get it and was wondering if anyone knows a couple of things?
    Does anyone know of any company that does a reprogramable chip for the mini?
    Only really this one....
    AMD do their 'One Click' reprogrammable chip (handy for servicing methinks) - you can change mappings back and forward...
    And Superchips do some stuff...

But you really bette ask Julz and Alan about BBR.....
    Alan's up to around 241bhp...

GAJ
    The gearbox and clutch have been tested to 240+ BHP. Dunno about the throttlebody. People have differing ideas on the intercooler - most of the major tuners reckon it is able to handle increased performance, I think BBR make claims for it strength and efficiency on their website however JCW upgrade this as part of the works package. I second what L&L said about chipping, their area few companies out there offering remaps - most if not all claiming that these are 'invisible' to the dealers diagnostics - the only wee risk is that the dealer might overwrite your chipped mappings with revised factory ones. Most of the chippers will rechip your car free or for a couple of quid if this happens, or as L&L said, with the AMD you can do it yourself. MINI2 is useful for technical info like this.

Julz
    My advice would be to phone Mickey at BBR (01280 700800), he'll be able to tell you all you need to know cause he's a very nice man!!

Quik_Mini
    Excellent thanks, I will give him a call... Bah if the clutch and gearbox can only handle 240 will need new ones :( hoping for a bit more than that

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The BBR 275 BHP motor is running with stock gearbox and clutch, i've read it somewhere that the gearbox will handle 280 BHP

Bonnie Scotland

Quik_Mini
    Still need new ones then.. :(

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Quik_Mini

Still need new ones then.. :(
    Maybe if you told us how much you expect to put through it we could advise a bit better

Bonnie Scotland

Fontal
    I wasn't aware of any company that do strengthened pistons and con-rods and other internal componants as surly when you are getting to that levels of bhp the standard ones aint going to last long?

Fontal