ELFMAN

Sweeney
    @ knockhill today, admiring our cars

ACF
    I was there also [s]drooling over[/s] admiring all cars.

Were you on the track at any time. If so what were you driving?

The blue V8 Vantage sure looked scary on the brakes at the end of the straight.

Sweeney
    On the track all day: blue v8, red v8, 360 spider and testarossa... the astons' brakes were taking a fair bit of punishment. They didn't fade; just went altogether! happened a few times... brakes were smoking for about 5-10mins after each session they had. The ferrari's just lapped it all up, no niggles at all

There was 7 or 8 of us driving so could've been any of us at any moment... we all spun and fish tailed countless times

Might've noticed the 360 was going at it with a 430... that was my dad and his pal

Smitty
    You get to drive a Ferrari???

Sweeney
    aye, they are my dads; but only at these sort of events as im too young for anyone to insure me for the public road in his cars.

Jumping back into the mini after driving them though is a bit of a downer :disapprove:... Alright the handling for the mini is great :I but; oh-my-god i'd much prefer to drive his cars rather than the mini!

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

aye, they are my dads; but only at these sort of events as im too young for anyone to insure me for the public road in his cars.

Jumping back into the mini after driving them though is a bit of a downer :disapprove:... Alright the handling for the mini is great :I but; oh-my-god i'd much prefer to drive his cars rather than the mini!
    At least the track goes round and round so you cant get lost on there

Sweeney

ACF
    Yes, I did notice that a couple of Ferrari's were really 'enjoying' themselves.

They really showed up the Porsches in the paddock as well as on the track, everybody seemed much more interested in the Ferrari's (and the Aston Martin's and Lamborghini's).

After seeing them perform on the track, how can anybody drive them within the speed limits on the public roads.

They must be the ultimate 'Trackday cars'.

You sure are lucky to get to drive one, never mind getting to drive one on a track.

Sweeney
    If only i could get one as my next car :( The ferraris were that hot round the engine bay you couldn;t touch the paint, the number plate film on the back was bubbling and went all blistered too.