It's Good To Talk....

Anyone else think this New Phone law is a joke..

Was sitting a set of lights today and the guy infront jumped out his car walked onto the pavement and answered his phone.. Technically he wasn't driving!!!!!

But Still

Why haven't they banned C.B.'s then?? they are the same sort of thing... (Why because the cops use them more than anyone.)

Oh Allan They can stop you phonin but you can still play the PS2
    So there!!!!! he he

seany
    more accident happin with out phones than do

Resident old yin.
    Sorry, I'm in total agreement with the law. :)

The amount of times you see people attempting to negotiate a roundabout or junction while on the phone is a joke. There is no way you can be in complete control of a car or giving it the attention it deserves. :(

I think hands-free and CBs etc should also be banned.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I agree with the law but banning hands free would be ridiculous. If you do that you'd have to ban passengers and the radio.

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    I agree with the law but banning hands free would be ridiculous. If you do that you'd have to ban passengers and the radio.
    Not at all. Studies have shown that having a phone conversation is a lot more distracting than speaking to a person. I believe it's because the bandwidth of the voice is different from a normal human voice so you have to listen hard to hear it properly. You also get a poor signal on a mobile which makes it even more difficult.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm afraid to say i don't understand all the hype, in my humble opinion changing a CD is far more dangerous than speaking on a properly fitted hands free kit.
    Don't get me wrong, i agree that a phone call is distracting, but, not to the extent that it is too dangerous to use.

Bonnie Scotland

Resident old yin.
    You definitely shouldn't be changing a CD whilst driving Bonnie, I agree.

I bet the cops would charge you with dangerous/careless driving if you caused an accident that way.

I only ever change them when stationery.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Yeah but your CD changer is in the boot ain't it KenL? You just can't run fast enough to change it when moving.

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Yeah but your CD changer is in the boot ain't it KenL? You just can't run fast enough to change it when moving.
    I just make sure i keep one of the rear seats folded down so i can reach the changer - wouldn't advis doing it any speeds over 40mph though - there's only so much of the wheel you can grip with your toes!

RedMini2902
    What about all these "white van drivers", fag in one hand cup of tea in the other and a roll and sausage on the dashboard?