Classic Advice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    euan
    I should have said - it had the brakes and welding done and this is some bubbling on the doors.

It runs and has an MOT. Overall it's in pretty good condition. How much work is to fix the doors? Couple of hundred?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    depends on how much the rust has got hold on the doors. They may need a new skin, but for best results, you would be better to replace the doors. Depends again if you are keeping it for yourself or punting it on.

Doors are not expensive, but relative to the car price, they might be.. Your choice at the end of the day. :)

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Its quite a nice car and would not take a lot to get it looking great again, but dont hold your breath waiting for him to sell as he has been speeking about it for over a year.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    A new genuine door is about £250 each but then you need to get it painted then blended in so if you need 2 complete brand new doors and all painted you could be talking about £800

but search eBay and you might find a good 2nd hand one there.

I think I may have a good 2nd hand drivers door kicking about.

Not a great idea fitting a skin as it just causes the door to rust even quicker then next time. Also even if it is fitted top notch and is a herritage panel door skin you can still see very small marks where the skin has been fitted to the door frame. Just depends if you want the car concourse or not.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Its quite a nice car and would not take a lot to get it looking great again, but dont hold your breath waiting for him to sell as he has been speeking about it for over a year.
    Tell me about it - but as the garage is about to be demolished he's actually doing something this time

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    A new genuine door is about £250 each but then you need to get it painted then blended in so if you need 2 complete brand new doors and all painted you could be talking about £800

but search eBay and you might find a good 2nd hand one there.

I think I may have a good 2nd hand drivers door kicking about.

Not a great idea fitting a skin as it just causes the door to rust even quicker then next time. Also even if it is fitted top notch and is a herritage panel door skin you can still see very small marks where the skin has been fitted to the door frame. Just depends if you want the car concourse or not.
    From my view I'd want it looking as good as possible without blowing loads on it. I'll need to have a look at it - I'm back in Scotland later this month so I'll maybe try and get a good look then.

I am still in aberdeen and could have a look around it if you like. I also have some minis to sell....

Know my way about a classic mini...owning 8 at the moment.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by bpirie1000 View Post
    I am still in aberdeen and could have a look around it if you like. I also have some minis to sell....

Know my way about a classic mini...owning 8 at the moment.
    Hi Brian, I missed this! sorry.

The car also has some rust on the sill - that worries me a bit more than the door!

Might well take you up on the offer - I'll talk to the old man and see when he's about.

What else have you got?? PM me if you'd rather.

Cheers,

Euan.

the fleet is dwindelling

Currently selling a Wee Mini pick up..

Back to original spec and a real beauty of a truck...
    http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/206194.htm

Other I own are fairly Standard cars

Mayfair Stage 1
    Picadilly
    Checkmate ( Installing a Yamaha R1 Engine.)
    NEW COOPER
    1961 Mini van
    Mayfair.
    city E

some people collect Stamps it would Appear I collect rust..............
    Last edited by bpirie1000; 17th August 2007 at 01:48 PM.

euan
    Ah, so cute :-) Looks lovely, but bit more than I'm planning on spending. The Mini will become my wee project car after the wedding and I can get the missus into something more comfortable for her.