Classic Advice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    euan
    OK, I need some advice.

My old man is flogging his classic Cooper. It's had the Rallye arches added, along with new filters and exhaust so it's blooming loud!

It's an L reg with approx 77K on the clock. It's in fairly decent condition, needs a wee bit of work to get it through MOT (some welding and new brakes).

What sort of money is this worth?

Oh, and before anyone offers, I'm first in the queue!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    REALLY difficult without seeing it in the flesh, however from when I was looking, depending on the condition and what work is required.

I looked at solid cars with no rust (of that age) and they were priced between £1500 and £2k.

If the car has no MOT, it's work hundreds... definately worth putting it through the MOT before selling..IMHO

euan
    Sounds about what he was thinking about, the work is 4-500 quid and he's going to do that before he sells it.

Cheers Craig!

sounds fair to me..

Any pics of the car I Might have someone lookin g to buy if your looking to sell..

euan
    Well, some taken a wee while ago with my car:

It's in great nick, but not done a lot of miles in the last year (700) hence why he's selling it.

aha I know where that car is.. Right next to a landing strip..........

P.M. Me if your looking for some assistance witrh teh work.. Not that hard. it is a mini afterall...

and I have a British racing green one that is being stripped at the moment.

euan
    Cheers, I'll pose the question to my old man tonight and see what he reckons.

Thanks for the offer - I may yet come back to you on that!

euan
    So, it's a year on, he's still not sold the car but getting more determined to do so!!!

Now, the car hasn't been used much in the last year and the body has started to rust a wee bit (on the doors), no idea what's going on under the carpets.

However, would £1500 be about right for it?

I'm tempted to buy it myself, but bit concerned about the rust.

Bignorm
    if its starting to rust and still not had the work done to it still without an mot you wont get much for it all depends what condition its in

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Yep, pretty much as Norm says, if the rust is there it'll bring the price way down, plus, i'd expect that if it's been sat there for a year the "hidden" rust will have taken a stronger hold.
    You're gonna have to tidy it up before you sell it