Retrofit SatNav and Speedo?

DJBlack
    Guys

I would really like to retrofit satnav - has anyone done this?

I have experience of this on a E39, but have seen nothing written for the MINI upgrade.

Also... has moving the speedo to the steering column postion from the centre been documented anywhere?

Am I hoping for too much?!?!??!

DJ

The Dogfather
    Iwould imagine it would be very pricey, have you considered a Tom Tom unit, really good and you can programme in speed camera locations. Plus, if you sell the car you can take it with you.........

Sweeney
    I agree with paul best option is probably a tomtom, personally i think the sat nav looks sort of "last minute" design in the mini, behind the steering column looks crowded with the 2 units on it as a result. Which is why i use a tomtom.

DJBlack
    Hi Chaps - thanks for the replies...

I have Tomtom on my phone.... so I guess I could stick with that... just like the oem fitted unit.. even though its a square peg in a round hole.

DJ

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    If you're looking to spend the amount of money it would take to retro fit, have you considered an aftermarket system :question:
    I have the kenwood and it's fair braw, full touch screen and post code search etc

WHATS WRONG WITH A MAP OR ROAD SIGNS

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

WHATS WRONG WITH A MAP OR ROAD SIGNS
    You've never tried one then?