Thirsty S's ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tahra
    Just a quick question, how are folks doing for fuel consumption in a a non-suped up S ??? We knew it was going to be thirsty compared to the Coop ( and before anyone points it out, I know Superchargers aren't exactly good for fuel economy)...however at the mo we're probably getting a better MPG in the Rav with its 2L engine. Filled it last night and had gotten about 260 miles to a tank. Id done about 15 miles since the red light had gone on and it took just over 30quid to fill it.

Im not complaining, just want to know if its average or I should be looking out for a trail of unleaded behind me !:)

Resident old yin.
    Think you're doing not too bad.

I get about 320 miles before the light comes on in the ONE which is about 37mpg so you are probably close to 30mpg.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Fraid to say that since i got my S souped up i get better mileage :) used to be around 31 - 32 MPG, now i get 33 - 34 MPG

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
    That's amazing Bonnie, I only get 34 in my standard Cooper on average. It does depend on the type of journeys that you make, certainly is better on long drives down motorways, it is around town that is the killer. The Cooper is a lot thirstier than my other 1600cc car that's for sure. (Is it the low gearing or the brick like aerodynamics?)

macblob
    Dont have a trip computer so dont know how thirsty my cooper is , (probably just aswell I think judging by my service intervals ).
    Maybe slowing down would be an idea?

Julz
    My average is about 30mpg with my everyday driving, but that incluses me going round all 681 roundabouts on the Kingsway, and you just have to floor it on exit from every roundabout!! But for the Skye run, I got about 43mpg!!!

Tahra
    John here:

Damn, you guys are giving me all the noose I need to get our S upgraded. 275bhp, anyone?

John

seany
    i was thinking about it, but it cost to much just know, maybe next year!

euan
    i get about 230 out of a tank with Optimax, will be interested to see is BP is any better - car was FLYING on it last night, so maybe not on this tank

NeilB
    I have only had my mini one a few weeks but so far I am only getting about 280 mls out of a tank, and that is mostly motorway driving!!! I recon that is only around 28 - 29 mpg - that can't be right can it?