R56 - The First Reviews

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Clare1
    A group of top-level journalists were invited to drive an early production new MINI this week. Watch out for the reviews coming soon...

First ones are tomorrow folks when the first reviews on the R56 will be published on the following: MINI2, MSN, 4Car, 5th Gear websites and other motoring magazine websites, e.g. Auto Express, Autocar.
    :)

X30YES
    Mini on the A34 (south of Oxford)

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    if thats the new one what have they done !!!!!:( its no where nere as nice as the the current one !!!!!!
    New sig coming soon

X30YES
    Rear Lights ,and rear bumper is different at the exhaust, and the tape over the fog /reversing lts , The front indicators are now in the headlamps also. the back end looks a bit square ish ..just at a glance:question:

Sweeney
    Mirrors seem different, plastic trim is different and the spoiler is different.

I don't like the back end of it, although thats only based on these spy shots... until i see it in the flesh i don't really want to commit myself either way

New engines should be good though although i hope the turbos aren't laggy.

that picture came of the disco3 forum
    Cooper Coupe...

Wul
    Review up and running on msn.com now. :) Liking the sound of the figures from the turboed engine

Wul
    and autocar

Sweeney
    Me too wul, cooper s looks to be an absolutely smashing car, more power, better delivery (or at least claimed) and overboost boosting the torque right up. Apparently it's a better drive overall, although i don't like the sound of bmw introducing the power buttons and different grade sport settings affecting suspension, steering etc... It's not an M5 :(

lightbody
    Does anyone else get disappointed when they see the German-plated cars being "launched".

The British element of the car has mostly evaporated since "our" model came out 5 years ago. It would have been nice for this launch to have taken place somewhere in Britain.

News on Channel 4 Motoring - http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature/feature.jsp?id=2954