Hi folks,
Just found this site and wonder if I could pic your brains a little! I have just purchased an Indy Blue Cooper S (delivery next wednesday!) from henry brothers in Glasgow which does not have DSC. The salesman really tried to push hard on the idea of buying a car with DSC but I didn't think it was that good - coming from a background of performance Audis I never considered their stability system to be worth it's salt and pretty much felt the mini one was similar - ie interfered when you didn't want it to etc. Basically is there any good reason for having it? On my test drive with the car I felt it cutting in when I wouldn't want it to and that was with the salesman on board so therefore only driving at 60%!

Secondly what about tuning the JCW package seems awfully expensive for what you actually get! At the moment I am considering either Hartge or AMD Technik what do you guys reckon. Also with previous Audis I have always used milltek exhausts and found that build quality, fitting and sound (not too noisy) are all excellent, has anyone experienced one on the Cooper S?

I appologise in advance for not knowing what I am talking about (simply because I don't) you can ask me anything about Audis but the new mini is all new to me! Site looks tops BTW!

Cheers
Barry