Hello .........[8D]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SCooper
    Hi folks,
    Just found this site and wonder if I could pic your brains a little! I have just purchased an Indy Blue Cooper S (delivery next wednesday!) from henry brothers in Glasgow which does not have DSC. The salesman really tried to push hard on the idea of buying a car with DSC but I didn't think it was that good - coming from a background of performance Audis I never considered their stability system to be worth it's salt and pretty much felt the mini one was similar - ie interfered when you didn't want it to etc. Basically is there any good reason for having it? On my test drive with the car I felt it cutting in when I wouldn't want it to and that was with the salesman on board so therefore only driving at 60%!

Secondly what about tuning the JCW package seems awfully expensive for what you actually get! At the moment I am considering either Hartge or AMD Technik what do you guys reckon. Also with previous Audis I have always used milltek exhausts and found that build quality, fitting and sound (not too noisy) are all excellent, has anyone experienced one on the Cooper S?

I appologise in advance for not knowing what I am talking about (simply because I don't) you can ask me anything about Audis but the new mini is all new to me! Site looks tops BTW!

Cheers
    Barry

Linda M
    Welcome Barry and congrats on your new MINI :)
    You'll get plenty of replies to your questions so don't worry. I can't give any advice even though I have MINI Cooper S but I just drive it and take it to the dealers for all it's mods, I'm not that technical :I Alan (Bonnie Scotland) has a Hartge conversion (and everything else known to convert ) so I'm sure he'll be replying soon.
    Linda M

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Thanks Linda M, where do i start, you as a driver have the option to turn off the DSC, but, trust me, it is well worth having. On a slippy day when your least expecting a slide the DSC cuts in and keeps you on the straight and narrow. It is an absolute must have
    What was your problem with it??
    As for the JCW conversion, unless you like chucking £3574 away then go for it, alternatively you could get the equally as good Hartge (from Grassicks in Perth now) for £1762.
    Not too sure about the exhaust you mention but there are others available.

Welcome to new mini scotland by the way and don't be scared to attend the borders run on april 6th.

Bonnie Scotland

SCooper
    I just felt that during "spirited" driving the dsc cut in well before the cars chassis/handling/level of grip were exceeded and thus hampered the driving experience. Kind of felt I would use it in the same way I do in the Audi - ie every time you get in the car switch it off! But if you reckon it's an essential ..... got me thinking now :dead:

Sponsor & Jakey
    Welcome to New Mini Scotland Barry :)
    Hope you have many miles of happy motoring in your new MINI, hopefully see you at one of the meets someday soon
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I hate DSC and think its a waste of money,and as Alan said you can switch it off but whats the point of paying for someting you dont want.

My tuppence worth now said. :) :)

Monsta Mo Mini
    Welcome to NewMiniScotland Barry. Hope you can make it along to some of the meets. I don't really have a viewpoint on the DCS as I don't have it but I do have the traction control which has saved my bacon on a couple of occasions.

cheers

Calum

SCooper
    Thanks for the info guys decided to not bother with the optional "girlie" button!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    quote:Originally posted by SCooper

Thanks for the info guys decided to not bother with the optional "girlie" button!
    I like your style well done

Julz
    Please note how none of the 'girlies' have this either! We have other buttons, but I'll just stop there!!