"A " pillar trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jayex
    wondering if anyone has fitted one of these pillar trims and whether or not it was a simple job? - just noticed my driver side one is all split and cracked, so need to order a new one - am not sure whether to just order the part and try to fit it myself ( and save a few pounds ) or just book it into BMW to have the job done ( and prob pay a small fortune ) 8)

Cooper_si
    You mite need to state wether its a inner or outer a pillar trim

jayex
    :I oh....Its the outer trim - the black plastic bity in between the windscreen and the driver window

Cooper_si
    Im sure they are just clipped into place....see the following with a breakdown of what parts thats involved...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=RE32&mospid=48020&btnr=51_4275& hg=51&fg=20

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Easy job

pull off the door seal to get to the screws,undo the screws and unclip the tim:)

jayex
    Cheers John - i think even i can manage that :I will just order the part then
    thanks again for your help

quote:Originally posted by jayex

Oh Oh Fatal last words

jayex
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by jayex

Oh Oh Fatal last words
    Yip afraid so - went to order the part from BMW and was told that he wouldn't advise fitting fom anyone exept bmw as you need to seal it with some "special suff" (cant remember the name) to stop water getting in ? - is this right or just a load of pants!

Sweeney
    probably will need to seal it, but the sealant will most likely be widely available from any hardware store, find out what it is they use...

They are obviously going to tell you not to fit it yourself as they want the 2 hours labour for a 10min job

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    What a load of B0LL0CKS!!!!!!