TLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    What exactly does the 5 year tlc entitle you to? Does it cover the 10,000 mile oil change etc?:question:

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

What exactly does the 5 year tlc entitle you to? Does it cover the 10,000 mile oil change etc?:question:
    Your TLC package covers you for 5 years or 50,000 miles, whatever happens first.
    In this you are covered for all servicing including oils etc.
    What you would have to pay for are things like tyres, wiper blades, brake pads etc, you should have a manual explaining this in your car somewhere :)

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Thanks Alan we understand now!:approve:

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Resident old yin.
    The TLC pack is a wee bit mis-leading and perhaps MINI's claims contravene the trades description act.

It is unlikely to last 50k miles for most people as the service intervals are worked out by the car. I required my first service at about 9k miles, the second at ~24k and I expect the third around 39k. I certainly don't abuse the car and it does a mixture of town/Mway driving.

You also get one brake fluid change after 2 years but not the second after 4 years.

Having said this it is tremendous value for money. The first service for most cars costs more than £100 alone.

macblob
    Doh!!!, i needed my second service (ist main one) at just over 20000, must hammer it too hard

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

Doh!!!, i needed my second service (ist main one) at just over 20000, must hammer it too hard
    Unfortunately that means your TLC will be finished in 35k miles max - a loooooooooooong way short of 50k:(

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I'm going from memory here but isn't the TLC a voucher book a bit like a cheque book 8) My understanding of the system is that you can use these cheques for the various services on them whenever you want. Our mini will only do about 6000 miles a year and my plan was just to get it serviced once a year regardless of the mileage I know that won't tie in with BMW service intervals but the first service would be in 2 years if I did it by the BMW book. Of course I could be completely wrong :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

GAJ
    The car works out the service intervals for you. Look atthe odometer is soon as you put the key in - It tells you how many miles to the next service and whatthat service is - the first is an oil service. The car also tells you how many days to the next brake fluid change.

I only do a similair mileage to you. I don't know about your dealer but mine won't carry out the service until the car thinks it is due which will be at about 8500 miles. I have done about 6500 miles at the moment and I received about 3 letters and 2 telephone calls telling me my car was due a service. I phoned after I got the first letter to remind them that the car will tell me when the service is due and was told that they automatically send out a reminder after a year.
    Why?? Who knows.
    I also don't know why they sent the other letters - probably a computer error.

Anyway, they said that they would not service the car this early for me - if it was less than a 1000 miles then they may do it but not yet!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ
    I also don't know why they sent the other letters - probably a computer error.
    Those damned Mac's :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Jings At the rate our mileage is going up ie May03 and only just over 2000 miles (eeeeeck) we won't even use 1/3 of our vouchers in the 5 years Surely they can't force you to NOT get your car serviced when YOU want it done. I'm still going to take it in next May on it's first birthday and ask for the first service regardless of the mileage. Its a long way off but we'll see what happens :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'