mini cooper turbo conv

minidriver#1
    once i get my current shopping list completed the final thing would be a turbo conversion, cos by then my warranty will prolly be over. I've been looking at a particular turbo conv that takes the cooper's power to more than 200bhp and this is obviously pretty attractive. Does anyone have a price for it and also whether i'll need to strengthen the body of the car due to the increase in torque? And any ideas on how badly it'll effect the insurance cost?

i looked on mini2 forums where there are plenty of topics about it, but no mention of a fixed price.

thanks.

scott shand
    dont know of a cost but i do know that you would need to replace the gear box cause the coopers is only good for a max 160 bhp with out it eating its self!

minidriver#1
    yeah, i saw a Cooper s Gearbox for 5000 dollars !!! i think i'll leave it. lol.

Similar Threads

1. *****SOLID GOLD COOPER CONV*****
    By Bignorm in forum Eastern MINI
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th April 2007, 08:48 PM
  2. Black Turbo Mini???? Reg - Mxx xxx
    By T6 KFR in forum I Saw You...
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18th November 2005, 02:43 AM
  3. 307 BHP Turbo MINI
    By hogg88 in forum MINI News
    Replies: 5