Fog Lights...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Who else drives with their front fog lights on at night?:mad:

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Only anoying people:blackeye:

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I'm with John on this one.:blackeye:

Sponsor & Jakey
    Ah, but are we talking front or rear foglights? I cannae abide it when you get stuck behind someone with their rear fogs on and the night is as clear as a clear thing, on a clear day in perfect visibility :mad: Front fogs don't bother me too much, the MINI ones are quite neat and not that bright IMO. Then again you do get the Scooby's with their 4 gigawatt rally fogs who can burn your retinas out from 3 miles off.

My general rule would be, if it's foggy switch them on, if it ain't dinnae bother
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Resident old yin.
    I agree that the MINI ones are not too bad in terms of brightness but with some other cars they are a real pain and blinding. There seems to be more people than ever using them without good reason at the moment.

It is an offence to use fog lights when the visibility is less than 100yds to use front or rear fogs and the police can and do pull people for it.

I only use mine if I feel I have to on a dark road and the standard headlights being crap need a bit extra to light verges etc. I only do this when there's no-one else about though.

Anyone who uses their rear fogs is a menace to society. Apart from blinding you they can cause accidents as it's not easy to see brakes lights go on with high intensity fogs already on.

GAJ
    I would shoot anyone using fogs when it's not foggy then string 'em up as an example to others.

It does nip ma heid though, seriously - I wonder if the people who drive with them on all the time, especially in cities with streetlights actually know what they are for.

I agree that rears are even worse. I suspect people put the fronts on (mainly young [s]neds[/s] guys) cos they think they look cool - and people put the rears on (mainly women) by mistake cos they are thick and don't know what the switch does! The rears don't look cool!

< having lit the blue touchpaper, GAJ retreats and waits for the fireworks from the birds! >

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Fog lights on when it is not foggy? What’s wrong with these **** people :dead::evil:. It is supposed to be illegal but has anyone every been done for it? There seems to be a general inability to drive in the dark - particularly annoying at this time of year when it is dark coming & going to work. 40mph, brake for every corner, brake when someone comes the other way, keep their lights on low beam so you can't see to overtake, then put them on full beam once you dare to overtake them, rant, rant, rant :dead::mad::(:disapprove:
    I'm away for a lie down :sleepy::sleepy:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm totally against the illegal use of fog lights, if someone approaches me from the rear with their fogs on i switch my rear fog on and off to highlight the fact they have inadvertantly switched their fog lights on :mad:

Bonnie Scotland

Resident old yin.
    Mibbe it's an age thing. Youngsters put their front ones on cause it's cool (not!) and old folk have their rear ones on cause they don't realise and wouldn't know how to turn them off anyway. :disapprove:

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ
    I suspect people put the fronts on (mainly young [s]neds[/s] guys) cos they think they look cool - and people put the rears on (mainly women) by mistake cos they are thick and don't know what the switch does! The rears don't look cool!
    Couldn't have put it better myself!