One D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    BBR do sympathetic ecu upgrades for diesels

By the way, i'm getting around 34 mpg for my mildly modified S :)

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Mildly modified, mildly modified my a*se :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Mildly modified, mildly modified my a*se :approve:
    What exactly have you done to your a*se

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Got rid of my tape worm:dead: Did anyone see that programme last night Horrible stuff
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

euan
    I hope he has not done to his ar*e what the post in off topic and banter mentions....:)

Moving away from the engine, the gearbox in the S (and seeing as it's the same in the diesel) is VERY stiff to get into reverse, you really need to shove it, not sure I'd have mastered that when I was learning. If you were using reverse a lot then you would need muscles like Thor (although you would develop them quickly:) )

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Reverse gear in our one gearbox is a bit hit and miss as well but BMW say it will loosen up with more miles on it :approve:

There's meant to be a oneclick chip upgrade for the D now that boots it to 100bhp. And its getting near Christmas.
    Who knows what might be under my bonnet at the Festive Run :)

And seeing as this thread has already went off topic with tape worms and stuff - do any Edinburgh members have suggestions for secure parking near the Hilton Hotel in the city centre?
    (I take the missus the most romantic places!!)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    If its that posh doesn't it have its own car park

Think they expect the Limo to drop you off at the front door....

Tahra
    John pinching Tahra's account yet again:

If someone asked me to put my money on the fastest Mini for the normal, does-not-drive-in-a-holding-the-gear-kind-of-a-way person, I'd reckon a 100bhp Mini D, with the diesel motor's intrinsic impressive torque characteristic, would more than hold its own against the similar 'ordinary' driver in a JCW S.

My limited experience would suggest that unless you really rev a Mini (Cooper or S - not driven a Works or Hartge so might be wrong there), there's no power to speak of below around 3.5krpm, which is true of a lot of 16v petrol engines. So, unless you hold the gear, the wee Diesel Mini will pull better and be more relaxing to drive, forgiving of fluffed gear choices and confidence inspiring, leading to Joe or Joanne Bloggs being quicker, point to point.

All bets are off if you're prepared to stay above 3krpm at all times, but in our S that's not always the case (we have to pay for our own petrol, you know

Anyway, meandering post off.

John (not Tahra)