Offshore pictures

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Mark, the Life boats on this one (Britania) hold about 25 people each, and are about 20ft long !!!!
    Angus, out of interest, does everybody get in them first, then they plummet into the water at a 45 degree angle? Or do they drop them into the water then everyone climbs in?

A.
    Door at the rear Andy ...then down the slope inside , strapped in with a Four Point harness and head strap ....whoooosh away ye go after hitting the water it will go under and travel a few meters before surfacing again.
    Jeesy Peeps!! Don't fancy that. Mind you, I suppose if the choice is between that or your life, you go with the (temporary)submarine escape.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

you would have to wait in 3hr que @ alton towers for that sort of ride

X30YES

Mark, the Life boats on this one (Britania) hold about 25 people each, and are about 20ft long !!!!
    Angus, out of interest, does everybody get in them first, then they plummet into the water at a 45 degree angle? Or do they drop them into the water then everyone climbs in?

A.
    Door at the rear Andy ...then down the slope inside , strapped in with a Four Point harness and head strap ....whoooosh away ye go after hitting the water it will go under and travel a few meters before surfacing again.
    Jeesy Peeps!! Don't fancy that. Mind you, I suppose if the choice is between that or your life, you go with the (temporary)submarine escape.

A.
    Guess so Andy .I've never had to use one in anger , and think its around 20 sec from pulling the pin to resurfacing again !!!

hogg88

A.

A.
    Guess so Andy .I've never had to use one in anger , and think its around 20 sec from pulling the pin to resurfacing again !!!
    Angus

Its a lot less than 20 sec, training at Dundee then i was on one when they tested the PIPER BRAVO ones and it hurts no matter how secure you think you are, but it is worth it get away so quick.

Exactly how many of you guys on here work offshore? I know of a couple of you already.

Just that in the next 2-3 months I am going to try to do my RGIT and try get a job offshore. Some people say I should go through an agency and some say I should just try around some companies, just getting bit confusing as to what to do... Any advice from you guys would be great?

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Exactly how many of you guys on here work offshore? I know of a couple of you already.

Just that in the next 2-3 months I am going to try to do my RGIT and try get a job offshore. Some people say I should go through an agency and some say I should just try around some companies, just getting bit confusing as to what to do... Any advice from you guys would be great?
    Whats your line of work ...and try Nutec @ Dyce is cheaper for the same course .

I would go to an Agency if I was you....

see what is what they think...

But I think you'll find it hard getting someone to give you an offshore Job if you have No Experience.
    Fair number of Friends are STILL trying to Get their First break.. (as in "How are you supposed to get experience if no one will employ you.....")

But man power is in High demand at the moment. Might be able to suss something for you in the Dutch sector if your Up for it....

Angus, Brian thanks for the info. Angus at the moment I'm working shifts @ NCR and have been here since 1997, but they are about to pay off around 3/4 of the workforce!! before that I used work as a motor mechanic for 7 years.

All I can do is try and see how I get on. A few people have said that they are always looking for people for offshore work and that I should get a job ok, and im just hopeing that is true, I just dont know what sort of jobs they have or what I could do, but i am willing to do just about anything, I'm not afraid of hard work.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    As mentioned before, i reckon if you travelled to Aberdeen and went round the various drilling companies you'd easy get a start soon enough, you'd be working more or less 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, but, don't be surprised to be shunted about from rig to rig in the beginning until they find a placement for you.
    Drilling jobs all start as a roustabout, general cleaning dutie, managing crane operations, moving heavy equipment about.

On the other hand, the Halliburton's, Expro's, Schlumberger's, Vetco's, Cameron's etc etc all need good hard working ex motor mechanics for wire line work, xmas tree repairs etc etc.
    Check on their web sites to see what services they offer.

One stumbling block for you may be that you don't have an offshore survival and medical, these may be offered by potential employers, but and don't take this the wrong way, but, this is normally only given to highly sought after candidates.

You could do it yourself, as Angus says, Nutec are cheapest, but, that's a drive over Anderson Drive every morning and night during rush hour.
    The RGIT in Altens is more suitable but more expensive.

There's no guarantee you'll get a job with or without the courses under your belt, but when needs must, etc

Good Luck :)

Thanks Alan. :)