Offshore pictures

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    X30YES
    How a modern Oil and Gas platform is built ,towed from Cadiz in Spain and constructed in the North Sea .Then it has to be Connected together and commissioned .Each module is about 12,000 tonnes

Sweeney
    once again im left in awe at the complexity and scale of human engineering :)

The Dogfather
    Angus, probably worth mentioning that the drill platform topsides were actually constructed in Methill, Fife. We visited the site the week before they were completed, hard to believe the size of these things unless you've seen them up close.

Did you take the photos?

X30YES
    yes I know that the drilling package was built in Fife , the jacket (legs) another palce I think !!, the accommodation is out of this world as well ......the pics were sent to me .

X30YES
    Years ago that was all built offshore !!!....years of work as well , now the Lifting barges can do about 10k -12K tonnes no problem , now its all constructed onshore and Hooked up offshore .

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

yes I know that the drilling package was built in Fife , the jacket (legs) another palce I think !!, the accommodation is out of this world as well ......the pics were sent to me .
    I knew you know, but I thought others might not . It goes to show that the UK can still compete in the fabrication yards, although a lot less than they used to :disapprove:

Shame about the pics I was going to ask whether I could forward onto DTI News, won't be able to if you aren't the photographer

X30YES
    No copy whatever on the pics mate ...just some guy on the job with a camera ...I'm sure it would be ok .

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

No copy whatever on the pics mate ...just some guy on the job with a camera ...I'm sure it would be ok .
    I think DTI News usually email the person who took the photos to get permission. We've got a local newsletter though, I'll send them to that.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Thanks for posting them Angus mate. Interesting. :)

Construction of these things looks pretty amazing. However did you see that programme about how the oil companies don't look after things was it Sh£ll think it was.
    Cooper Coupe...