Aftermarket air filters/intakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    johnlewis99
    On the new MINI, what is the most popular mods when it comes to aftermarket higher flo air filters or replacement intakes with the cone filters? It seems here that most stay with stock, while some go with K&N or Green filters in the factory airbox and only a tiny fraction spend on the complete intake system.(they tend to be the ones that also goes the full route..hi flo exhausts,chip mods ect.)
    What do each of you favor for your MINI?

Fontal
    Ive got the piper x induction kit and playmini exhaust fitted to mine and it sounds awsome, chip next :)

johnlewis99
    As a first quick step into mods...I got a K&N replacement to the factory paper air filter today. Though it isnt as good as a compete air induction system (a later project :) )I can tell a bit of difference in the way it can breath at low end...money well spent for now. this summer comes the exhaust...and the extra 8-10hp of the chip mods sound inticing. I went to my first meeting of the Metroplex MINI owners club today at the botanical Gardens in Ft.Worth Texas
    I had a great time 18 new MINI's and 2classic Mini's were there. One of the classic Minis was a full race job. I have 12 picures added to my imagestation http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290623833
    of the meet.:)

johnlewis99
    http://www.davidlenihan.com/mini_meet_3-15/index.html

Here are more pictures of the Mini owners gettogether in Fort Worth, showing some of the owners with their cars. My wife and I, with our pure silver MC is "Pict0006"

Sponsor & Jakey
    Great pictures John, thanks for posting the links
    Couldn't help but notice that the weather looks almost as nice as it is here in Scotland just now
    I must get in touch with my dealer today and see if the 'Police Interceptor' option is available in the UK Now that would be cool
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

johnlewis99
    Wille M...
    The Police Interceptor option is a rare one lol but it can be had for about $12.00 U.S. on ebay (type "police decal" in search) its a Ford product ment to go on the boot of a Ford LTD Crown Victoria police car
    but as I have police license plates on mine...it was kinda put on as a "funny haha" but it tuned out looking factory! I will send you a photo of what the plates look like and a photo of the Crown Victoria I drive on duty.
    Our weather is running very close to yours temp. wise right now and we have have a real mix in the last month...3 days of Ice on the roads, one 25C day! right now its 13C and sunny. Here is the link to the Metroplex Mini Motoring Group site http://www.metroplexmini.com/forum/
    all of you are welcome to stop by and say hi & post topics there!

duncan
    Can anyone suggest the best place/supplier to get the K&N replacement panel?

Cheers,
    Duncan

johnlewis99
    Hi Duncan,
    Here is one place in the UK that has the K&N replacement filter panel
    www.minisportshop.com the product code is #KNN33-239 ,35.70Pounds
    or 41.95 with VAT. It is in the "SE tuning for MINI one/Cooper section" there is a kit that you buy separate that allows you to clean/re-oil so it never needs replacement...ever.

duncan
    Thanks John,

I'll be placing my order as soon as the credit card cools down a little!

Cheers,
    Duncan

johnlewis99
    Duncan,
    You will see a result for the money spent, the first place you will see it is when you put it in first gear and start off:)it will make you wonder why the factory dont at least use this type of filter as standard. and I like the fact that I can clean it as often as I wish.
    Had one on my last vehicle. So when its safe to pick up your card without the asbestos mitts.....you will be glad you obtained one