mot

soopercooper
    my car was gettin an mot today,and too my surprise it needs a near side rear brake calliper,is this a common part to go on coopers,luckily i took an arnoldclark auto care when i bought the car,and that covers it,apart from that it sailed the mot

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Common fault:(

I had a new car with a faulty rar caliper at 2 months old:mad:

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Yup. Common fault. My last Cooper had both sides done at about 18 months old

Sweeney
    hmm, mine always jam on if the handbrake is left on for a long period of time and seems to do it 9/10 times when its raining rather than dry, ive always assumed its to do with the brake discs sort of rusting over and the pads getting stuck. Is that what the fault is?

Need to get some coper grease on the Pistons.

Sweeney
    i'll add that to the todo list for menzies when its in getting its new gear then

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    i hade them go 2 on my last cooper it made a mad squekin noise
    New sig coming soon

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by soopercooper

my car was gettin an mot today,and too my surprise it needs a near side rear brake calliper,is this a common part to go on coopers,luckily i took an arnoldclark auto care when i bought the car,and that covers it,apart from that it sailed the mot
    Common on Ones as well as Coopers

soopercooper
    the caliper was covered under my warranty,which is music to my ears,

Sweeney
    good to hear, how old is the car?

has anyone else experienced what my brakes are doing?