Willie's new car...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    seany
    a cooper s

broken_brian
    a works cooper s ??

knaone
    I can now reveal.... Willies new car is being shipped over to the UK!!!

:blackeye:

Julz
    Oh WOW, I always wanted a pink mini, now I can really be Penelope Pitstop...why little ol' me!!:I

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    It's true folks. If you see a pink MINI with furry dice being driven by a guy in a sequined suit with a huge collar and the reg plate B1G P1MP1NG that be our Willie M.

Sponsor & Jakey
    I think I've got a stalker mummy , frae Banknock (or thereabouts) I think Big Gordy's been raking through my wardrobe too !!!
    As much as the pink Cooper really does appeal (not!), I think I'll leave that one for the laydees

Strange thing is, and this is really weird, I think the little blighter (Stouffer) knows there's a change afoot... I've had to park him at the front of the house this last week as the garage is full of 'housemoving debris'. Friday night I'm getting ready to go to bed and I notice the MINI's interior light is on. When I step outside to investigate I find that both windows are fully down and the car is lying unlocked.

Horror :evil: I'd read about this problem on MINI2 a while back but had never experienced it myself. Something about dampness upsetting the onboard computer. I tried various things and after about 15 minutes of fannying about in the dark I managed to get the car locked again, and both windows up.

Surprise, surprise (... Oi... Black.. Nooooo..) Linda goes out first thing Saturday morning and the little rat's sitting their unlocked, with his windows down again :mad:

Put him in the garage the last 2 nights (Daisy had to lie outside ) and he's fine again, no problems. I'm telling you... the car 'know's' what is going on

I'll see if Menzies have anything nice when I'm in this week
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

GAJ
    Particularly worrying problem this one!

Doesn't inspire confidence thinking that your car might unlock itself and open the windows just cos it's a wee bit damp - especially living in Scotland and doubly especially in Leith!!

Looks like my car will have to go back AGAIN too. I had the door fixed last week and was pretty pleased with the job. However I hadn't been out in the car much 'till the weekend and now I've noticed that the window seems to be rattling and I don't think it is always dropping like it should when it is opened. I am really pretty annoyed that nothing ever seems to get fixed properly - I ALWAYS end up having to go back to get the job done properly. I don't have time to take it back in just now either, this is really very inconvenient.

Annoyed,
    Edinburgh!

knaone
    quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Strange thing is, and this is really weird, I think the little blighter (Stouffer) knows there's a change afoot... I've had to park him at the front of the house this last week as the garage is full of 'housemoving debris'. Friday night I'm getting ready to go to bed and I notice the MINI's interior light is on. When I step outside to investigate I find that both windows are fully down and the car is lying unlocked.

Horror :evil: I'd read about this problem on MINI2 a while back but had never experienced it myself. Something about dampness upsetting the onboard computer. I tried various things and after about 15 minutes of fannying about in the dark I managed to get the car locked again, and both windows up.
    Are you sure the key isnt in your pocket and it just so happens when you press the button that it does this? mine used to have the Christine syndrome but i found if i was more cafeful with the key it didnt do it.... the key should be programmed if you hold the button in that it will put the windows down unless you had it changed.... this happened to John (Zooooom) too once... i think it was the key the same as mine.... :)

hope that helps :)

Wul
    Ditto GAJ! The wee sh1ts around here (hutchison) would take great pleasure in emptying the interior of my car in about 10seconds flat if the windows were down and doors open

Will be keeping a close eye on this one - BTW GAJ was your repair carried out by your local seafield dealership? giving serious thoughts as trying eastern but not sure if they are any better!

Linda M
    Just to re-cap....DAISY is sitting OUTSIDE covered in FROST :mad::disapprove::mad: