Powder Coated Split Rims

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    What wheel cleaner can I use on these bad boys? I cleaned me motor quickly at the weekend to get all the dead flies off it that I picked up on my way back on Saturday and noticed that my wheels were in serious need of a clean up. The problem is the wonder wheels I've got says it isn't suitable for coated wheels or split rims, which means I'm doubly goosed. What can I do to clean 'em:question:

Allan
    I use wheel brightener by meguiars. Im sure it is safe for coated wheels. You can get this from the meguiars site and its really good. Ill look into it.

Once you have your wheels clean, give them a coat of polish and sealent (if you got any) then the dirt will come off easier

How about Fairy Liquid and some really hot water. don't forget to wear some Marigolds though

Seariously this is what I use works a treat but then I don't let the brake dust build up on my wheels.
    Cooper Coupe...

X30YES
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16742 , or try this

Hmmmmmmm. I wonder if the clay bar would solve my problem?

I never used to let the brake dust build up Fi but since I've moved to Abz washing them is a total pain. I'll have a look into the megs stuff too. I'm just not sure if it's ok for split rims as rinsing the acid out the split is difficult.

X30YES
    ry this rotary brush after all the graft that is !!

I'd have to buy a cordless drill first Angus. :)

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    I'd have to buy a cordless drill first Angus. :)
    Same here , thought that just before I hit the 'Buy now' button

Wul
    Wow - cannae believe you washed the car at the weekend big stuff - well done!

Megs is not acidic - that's why it's safe for coated/split rims. Claying your particular wheels will take for ever mate!! My choice would be megs first and clean as much as you can with a good wheel brush. then rinse and re-apply - this time carefully working at the embedded bits with the non-stick safe 3M pad discussed many many times before (white ones in tescos ). then wash the wheels with car wash soapy water and rinse followed with a coat of wax. seems like it will take long but if you wash the wheels/car once a week thereafter it'll be easy peasy to clean! :clown:

Allan
    ahh, you cant beat the feeling when you get the spray from wonder wheels in your eyes, thats when you know how much damage its doin to your wheels Wheel brightener is the best ive used so far, it aint acidic, and it breaks down the dirt well, so much so that i dont even have to touch the wheels (could be because i wash mine 3 - 4 times a week tho) There is some before and after pics of my wheels on this thread tho. http://www.meguiars.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3185