avdero
    I have a Red Cooper S with Aero-Kit fitted and am contemplating
    colour coding of arches etc.
    Being from West of Scotland can anyone with first hand knowledge of
    having this done give me contact details and feedback on results
    Will paint flake off easily
    Will it create a smooth polishable finish
    Any drawbacks on getting it done
    Estimated cost (She-who-must-be-obeyed is losing patience at amount of money thrown at this car)
    Cheers

Hadi
    I am getting mine done hopefully next week, they just pop off, which worries me when putting them back on, scared if they bend slightly and crack the paint, think the guy wants £20 per arch

Bignorm
    they wont flake that easy and they dont really bend they are made of strong plastic

I did Mine some time ago and everything is Fine So Long as you rub tehm down properly and get them all smoth and De Greased. it'll be fine. Make sure a Plastic Flex Primer is used Prior to colour.

Things to watch for .. Side Sills do get very scuffed with sotone chips and would deafo recommend the front Mudflaps.

If the Job is done properly it will be a polishable finish and Add a fair bit of bling to your car .. No More White polish marks on your trim. ACE......

Only other draw back is that it Really finishes off teh car and you can't but help admire it..

Good Luck with your informed decision

X30YES
    Ive had mine done and they seem ok so far ....paint will /might chip with stones tho ?
    clips might be req'd ...not that expencive

Lynsey
    I got mine done in Feb, dont appear to have any chips etc, I had mine done by the BMW accident and repair centre just outside Edinburgh, bodyshop of the year, 2005 apparently. I paid £480 for arches and front, back bumpers. New clips were required for arches, £5 each.

Make sure the bodyshop gets a good name.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Speak to AndyP as his looks A1 imho :approve:

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Whoops! Forgot to post to this last night!:I

We got ours done at Menzies Mini in Stirling. Looks the muts nuts. We had it done as part of a two-car job lot including our BMW X5 so I can't give you the exact cost just for the MINI, I suggest you call a guy called Alan at Menzies on 01786449370. But be aware Menzies is not a £20 per arch job, expect to pay in the region of £600 ish.

They do the entire bottom black rim of the car. Including the front bumper, the side skirts and the rear bumper, and of course, the wheels arches. It may seem like overkill, but there's a good reason for it. And Allan would be able to explaine that to you better than I.

We had ours done about 3 months ago and we've had 1 chip so far. Easilly touched-up and now invisable.

When proffessionally done there's no risk of paint flaking, although ours has a heavy lacquer coat 'cos it's a metallic paint, not sure what a solid paint will be like. But the "weefossies" (another NMS member) is running about in a red convetible with the wheel arches done. And that car also looks mighty fine!

As you can see there's a wide variation in possible cost for this being done. I'm know for a fact we could have had the job done much cheaper. But I am still glad we went to Menzies, despite them being the dearest. After care is top notch.

If you need any more info, give me a shout.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Hadi
    And an hourly charge of £60+ also accounts for why it was so expensive, the man doing mine is an approved insurance repair centre, i would trust him to do a good job as i have seen the before and after results on some of his jobs :)

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by Hadi

And an hourly charge of £60+ also accounts for why it was so expensive, the man doing mine is an approved insurance repair centre, i would trust him to do a good job as i have seen the before and after results on some of his jobs :)
    You need to be careful about it blending in with the parts of your car that are not colour coded though. Is it JUST the arches he is doing? Or is he doing the bits round the bottom of the bumpers etc. as well?

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto