Clay Bay

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wul
    Smooth as glass eh!!??

Resident old yin.
    If you do drop a bit of clay don't use it on your paint. Don't through it away either but use it for removing those baked on pieces of brake dust from your wheels.

alanm73
    Cheer for the help and suggestions, I have went for the sonus clay from ebay so will let you know how i get on with it.

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by alanm73

Cheer for the help and suggestions, I have went for the sonus clay from ebay so will let you know how i get on with it.
    Does it come with any lubricant?

If not, don't worry. Get a plant sprayer and fill with water and some car wash solution. Mix it stronger than you would for washing the car. Maybe about the same you would put in a bucket into the sprayer.

Remember to wash your car, then rinse - no need to dry obviously before claying.

Frequently kneed (is spelling correct? it's what you do with bread dough) the clay to move any crud into the centre. You can use the same bit of clay several times. You only need to do this every six months or so to your car, unless of course, you are as obsessed as Wul

Wul
    Good advice Ken - hows that golf of yours?

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Good advice Ken - hows that golf of yours?
    The Golf is fine thanks. Done 20k miles now. That is 2 years I have been without the MINI, doesn't time fly.

I still see some great looking MINIs around. Looking forward to hearing how good the new one is.

N12 JLK
    Bought meguires clay bar today and the car looks spanking, after that 2 coats of Tec wax , cant believe how smooth this makes the car:):)

Wul
    Used the sonus clay bar yesterday on the car - excellent product - better than the Megs one IMHO

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Used the sonus clay bar yesterday on the car - excellent product - better than the Megs one IMHO
    I've not tried th eMegs one but have read some people say it is a bit on the soft side!

I have a Swissol one which seems pretty good.

Wul
    The problem I noticed with the megs one is it starts to dissintegrate as you use it! the Sonus one was finer too - much less marring where you have a lot of tar spots ie the bootlid etc which means less work with the paint cleanser.