Stone Chips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by knaone

you can get a nice clear protective bra also, these are apparently really good, just a wee bit of an application and its sorted!
    MMmmmmmmmm!!! Clear protective bra... :approve:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    I'm glad it's not just me then! BabyB is all happy cause she now smells of coconuts and bananas after a three hour session with Zymol! Unfortunately, with spending loads of time polishing, I've found 6 zillion more stone chips!:( I think the mini only has 2 coats of paint, so I would advise people to leave the t-cut in the garage!:I

Wul
    Well during a "wee quiet moment" last week i managed to try out the langka blob remover on the scratch on my rear bumper and a chip on the drivers door..........and it works!

Well it will once i've perfected the operation!

I painted the scratch with the touch up using a cocktail stick and left it to dry - unfortunately we got visitors so didn't get back to it till the next day so had to use a bit more elbow grease but for a first attempt it works pretty good - will be having another go at it this week with a second coat but it you apply the langka about 2 hours after the touch up - i reckon it will work a treat.

I've taken some photos too so will post them on Mini 2 when i finish the job properly!

At £18.99 delivered the wee bottle seems quiet expensive - but i reckon it could be a wothwhile investment.

scott shand
    monsta mo cracked my first coopers window on my first run from a stone from the back end of his car, with my car being black it seems to show even the smallest of chips, good to see others useing zymol, it has to be the best stuff on the market with some kits costing thousands! i have heard that they also have a good product for chips will look into to it.