Stone Chips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Julz
    Okay, what's the story? Is it just me or is the mini like a magnet for stones with wee sharp bitties? BabyB looks like she's got acne and she's only 5 months old and Clearasil is useless!!:I

Monsta Mo Mini
    Stone chips?? - I find if you deep fry them first they tend to soften up quite nicley

Call Chipsaway - he fixed 3 chips on my bonnet for £80.

Sponsor & Jakey
    Picked up a touch-up kit from the dealers a few days ago. Wul also mentioned a substance called Langka on a MINI2 thread about the same topic. Apparently it's great for tidying up the smears and blobs left by touch-up paint.

Must admit I'm pretty peeved about the ammount of chip-marks showing on my front aero skirt already (cars only 2.5 months old). I've driven a few cars over the years, and a hell of a lot of miles, and this is the worst I've seen :disapprove:

I think driving closely behind other MINI's may have a bearing on it though. How many MINI's have you actually seen with mudflaps fitted? The little blighters sure love to kick up their fair share of grit

Still in love with my car though but I can see I'm going to become a dab hand at paint repair Could maybe start a wee sideline..... form an orderly queue there folks
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Monsta Mo Mini
    Ask Scott about stones thrown up my MINIs... I told him he shouldn't have followed me

Linda M
    I've got stone chips too :( I think I'm going to get Chipsaway but I know Wul has got all the stuff you need and was going to work on his so I'm waiting to see how he got on.

Woz
    What you need is a nice sports bra for your mini. Comes in two sizes depending on if you standard or enhanced cleavage. :)

http://new.minimania.com/NewMiniExterior.cfm

knaone
    you can get a nice clear protective bra also, these are apparently really good, just a wee bit of an application and its sorted!

David

minidriver#1
    my car is gonna be male, but i guess dressing in females clothes is ok anyways so i'm gonna look into those bra things.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Ain't no way i'm fitting a bra to my non transvestite car!

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    My dealers told me about this stuff. Once the chips are fixed you can get this clear film coating stuff painted all over the main chipping area and seemingly the stones can't chip it. I'm going to look into that.