Curses to Dundonian Kerbs - help please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tree73
    One jumped out at me yesterday unannounced and I now have a kerb jiggered front left alloy; shallowish scratches on the outside rim which extend about 10cm round. Is there any way in which I can try and remedy this repair wise. Any advice will be marvellous.:(

Sponsor
    Get it refurbed. £40 (ish)

Smart Ecosse Dundee
    01382 477992

Sponsor
    Shoite, just realised your not actually from Dundee. I'm not sure if there is a place in Perth which refurb wheels. Dundee isnt a million miles away though. In Aberdeen we have a chap who come to your house to refurb alloy wheels. I'm not sure if you could get someone like that up your way.

tree73
    cheers sleepy, could you let me know who it is in aberdeen, I'm up frequently as my folks live there.

Sponsor
    Yeah its Willie or Wullie or something(i think) and the company is Blasted Alloys. You often have to book him well in advance.... (up to 4 weeks if hes busy).

01561 378148 or mobile: 07773283409

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    IPF Powder Coaters in Glenrothes are good. I have used them and the work was great. Only £35 per wheel..

Theres a guy in Carnoustie who refurbs and also paints alloys etc, thats where I got my alloys painted last year, good price too. Will try find his details for you if you like.

tree73
    all advice and suggested people gladly taken :). Was in poo mood for the rest of Saturday after it happened and still wince when I look at the wheel - what a difference a second makes :mad:

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Well if you get too close to our kerbs.. they bite!

I should know.. they attacked more than one wheel on me last Mini.. :I

Just out of interest, how long does it take to do a wheel? And how long do you need to leave the wheel to dry etc before you can refit and drive with it?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs