Mini Cooper S detail. 56K warning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Allan
    Well, here we have a Mini Cooper S belonging to Robin on the forum. The car was in good shape, a lot better shape than some that i have had recently:).

Here are the before pics.

Firstly the car was coated in meguiars detailer car wash soap from a foam gun and blasted clean. It was then refoamed and washed with a lambswool wash mit. Once clean I set about refoaming the car and claying the paint.

The S was quite clean at the front but a lot of crap was stuck to the back for some reason:evil: but this was taken off by the clay (Sonus fine detailing clay)

The car was then rewashed and the wheels were coated in meguiars wheel brightener and blasted clean with the pressure washer. The arches and tyres were coated in Meguiars Super Degreaser. The paint was quite bland. It had been coated in supa guard or diamondbrite or something else and you could see it has worn off through time. The water was just lingering instead of beading off the paint as shown below.

The paint was then tackled with meguiars #80 speed glaze to remove some light swirling and add a bit of gloss to the paint. The x shape is the glaze placed onto the pad and dabbed onto the paintwork

Here is the paint after glazing.

The paint was then polished with Blackfire extra gloss polish and sealed with Klasse Extra gloss sealent. It was then waxed with megs mirror glaze #16.

The engine bay was cleaned with meguiars #2 for cleaning the paint, and Autoglym bumper and trim shine for the plastic work.

Windows were cleaned with Autoglym glass polish.

The exhaust was cleaned with 3M stainless steel cleaner/ polish and P21s metal polish soap, as was the skid pan under the exhaust shown below.

The interior was cleaned with a Mini cleaning agent which has air freshner built in.

Af

avdero
    I am speachless
    I always thought my car was 'clean'
    Mow, where's the sun????
    Robin

X30YES
    Top job Allan ...... the time and effort does pay of

markyc
    Very very very nice indeed :approve::approve::approve::approve:

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Very nice, loving that shine.:approve::approve:

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

jamiec
    very nice!

any details on location, prices etc?

Sponsor
    My car needs this badly!! The rear end of the car end rear quarters are all bumpy. Its just tiny bits of tar which get chucked all the time. Really annoying!

Allan
    Must be a mini thing lol. Ill get better pics on photobucket when it is up and working again, the resizing has messed up the quality of the pics.

Allan

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Wul yer a bl00dy amature! The car looks stunning now Allan mate. Don't suppose you fancy doing mine? I'll pay you!!!

Wul
    Nice job Allan - the PC makes life easier too - is the sonus clay as good as it supposed to be?