Top Gear

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    duncan
    I enjoyed TG for the first time in a while.
    Got to love the Dodgy modified motors section!

That Clio's exhaust was hilarious!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I was utterly disgusted with the poor showing of the Mini's on top gear, so much so i have cancelled my subscription to the magazine.
    They were more content at showing a bl@@dy great big landrover doing a lap around the track and 3 very unafordable (to most, if not all) Lambo's on display.
    Another of the sub zero cars gets mentioned every week, namely the porsche 911 and any of it's derivitives, why then when an affordable car comes along do they hardly ever mention it.
    Absolute waste of time, i've been a fanatical watcher of TG for years and yet cannot believe how small minded they were on presenting the car like it couldn't be driven properly.
    To compare the cost of the JCW against a bag of sweets was childish to say the least.
    The MINI is in the sub zero portion of the cool board and yet this is the second attempt at showing it off and gave it about 3 mins air time.

To throw in that the BBR was indeed quicker by 5 secs means nothing if they couldn't even be bothered to show the Stig doing a lap or advising on the comparable times for a lap.

Based on anything any of them said, would it make you go and buy a MINI??

Very hacked off Bonnie Scotland :disapprove:

sh@z
    Yeah i agree with you Alan...

I might just email them to see what sort of times the cars put in on the test lap, as if the BBR was 5-6 secs quicker, then obviously they have the times there somewhere. But yeah, with Mini's bein in sub-zero and their popularity, i'd have hoped (and i bet the tuners also) for a lot more airtime, i mean the BBR275 "test" did no justice to it at all, swerving about a airstrip in front of the camera by a guy who doesnt know how to drive it jus jus a pain.. thats all i was thinkin watchin it ... "wat the heck is that guy tryin to achieve" .. and his parking manouvere jus topped it. I mean they have a "stig" ... hand him the keys and let his driving to the talking :(.

Yeah Julz i bet his was a 240 at some stage ... but woulda been nice to see a few more tuners in the lineup to make things more interesting and a fuller test done...

The Lambo Gallardo is god damn hot tho... i totally disagreed with JC with what he said about it "losing its x-factor" heh...

my 2 pennies

sh@z

Monsta Mo Mini
    I can only agree with Shaz and Alan on this one - didn't really tell us anything apart fom the fact that Richard Hammond hasn't a clue how to handle a car properly. Very disappointing!

DNV122
    TG swings between good and bad, but last night was 'blokes in a pub having a quick drink' format - absolutely useless for deciding whether to pick a car or not.

never mind - will have to go an choose for myself.....

macblob
    Agrees with the dismal amount of coverage the MINIs got, They should have a whole show just on those cars dammm it with someone that can actually drive!!!!

Linda M
    To be honest, I don't really take the show 'that' seriously because as usual it comes down to individual opinions and every week it's theirs. I thought the coverage wasn't that bad. It was better than their silly 'groups' taking a reasonably priced car round the track, now that is crap viewing and a waste of about 10mins of the show. I take the show with a pinch of salt.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Top gear is a good laugh as long as you don't take it seriously (as Linda says). They are generally only interested in mega bucks cars / jeeps with a few very cheap ones thrown in. Everyday cars are ignored. However I am also disappointed at the amount of coverage of the mini.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Whilst I agree that Top Gear has very little coverage of affordable cars, I think that's the way it should be. Whilst I'd like to see MINIs getting thrown about more, I don't really care about the new Micra or Megane. If I want to know what one of those cars are like I'll go and test drive one. I'd far rather see an Aston Martin geting flung about than watch the "reasonably priced car" feature that Linda mentioned. I think TG is getting closer to adopting the approach of Evo magazine which is by reviewing cars that are good to drive. As I say, more time should be given to the MINI but I, and everyone else on here, be biased. If giving MINIs less time is the price we have to pay to avoid getting an entire episode dedicated to Fiat Multiplas then it's a price I'm willin' to pay.

Linda M
    Am I the only one who couldn't care less how much coverage the MINI gets :question:

I mean I've got my MINI because it's the car that 'I' wanted not because of 'anyone' elses opinion.

I think the problem now is the amount of conversions coming out, it's getting all rather to competitive.

Go out and enjoy your MINI, do what you want to your MINI and don't listen to other peoples opinions...it's your 'own' opinion that counts.

I try to admire everyones MINI's because it's 'their' pride and joy just like yours is to you :)