Sony CD player...not playing CD's ..

aimee_s
    So my 18month old Sony CD player has decided to stop playing CDs. Any CDs. It just makes a pathetic attempt to read them for a few seconds, then says ERROR and beeps. In an annoying way that only Sony HU's seem to do. Any ideas as to what it could be? Fixable by who? And I cant remember who I bought it from, it was an internet audio site, but since its 18months old dont think that really matters now?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Is it a face off type, there may be a reset button behind the panel, or even in the back of the face off bit.
    If you still have the manual all the better, check for a reset button and try that.
    Also, try removing the fuse to totally disconnect any kind of current to the unit.
    If all that fails it most probably is knacked

aimee_s
    Thanks.....will give all those a go when I get back to the car today-fingers crossed!! A friend suggested the laser may have been knocked slightly 'off'? Is that a possiblility?

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    My sony player sometimes doesnt work either. Doesnt appear to malfunction to a pattern just when it feels like it. Can be a right pest . What I find sometimes works is if I remove the key from the ignition the player start up ok though this remedy isnt guaranteed to work everytime. Naw! in fact its usually just afore I start screaming and get to point of chucking the frontplate oot the window that it decides to behave itself.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

X30YES
    Ever tried the simple things like clean the player ?