Hello everybody!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jockaneese
    Just a wee quick post to say hi, emmm not sure what to say, i'm from perth and ive got a wee one, red with bonnet stripes and shes my pride and joy, yes she.... well you'de never expect me to go driving around in a guy would you???
    just a quick question has anyone noticed encredibly small scratches all over there car (you can only see them up close in direct sunlight)i'm wondering wether to get busy with the wax??? any advice what type... coloured or not?
    also has anyone tried a chip type thing in there one, i'm thinking about it but not sure if its bad for the car.
    See Ya Mike

broken_brian
    hello and welcome 2 nms mike hope u will get along 2 some of the runs as i will soon be going on my first with all these mad ppl . on your question i always use autoglym super resin polish on my car and it gives a good shine dont know how it fairs with scratches tho just don't get too close and u wont see them...

seany
    welcome to NMS, i also use autoglym super resin polish on the cars.

macblob
    Hiya , welcome to NMS, ive got some 3m glaze stuff thats pretty good and a turtle wax top coat polish

GAJ
    Hi Jockaneese. Fontal has had his One chipped and he is well happy with it.

If you are interested in getting your car chipped call Kevin at Falkland Performance Parts in Glenrothes (01592 631670), he is a Superchips dealer. Don't forget to mention NEWMINISCOTLAND.

A stage 2 chip will add about 30bhp making your car more powerful than a standard Cooper. It is about £500.

Search Google for Superchips for more info. Don't worry it's not bad for the car but it might be bad for your licence! Also Superchips claim that it is both totally ivisible on the dealers diagnostics and fully reversible.

Have fun!:)

bazza
    Gaj where did you get your shiney pedals and what was the damage.
    Bas
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Hi Jockaneese. Fontal has had his One chipped and he is well happy with it.

If you are interested in getting your car chipped call Kevin at Falkland Performance Parts in Glenrothes (01592 631670), he is a Superchips dealer. Don't forget to mention NEWMINISCOTLAND.

A stage 2 chip will add about 30bhp making your car more powerful than a standard Cooper. It is about £500.

Search Google for Superchips for more info. Don't worry it's not bad for the car but it might be bad for your licence! Also Superchips claim that it is both totally ivisible on the dealers diagnostics and fully reversible.

Have fun!:)

bazza
    Hi Jockaneese sorry to hear that you have a wee one but hope you are enjoying your MINI all the best.

Bas

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Welcome Mike i just joined a couple of days ago and me and me maw are hopefully going on the festive run if all goes well:approve:

Have you had your car through a car wash there the usual suspects for whispy sratches!:evil:

Our MINI coop has never been through one but previous cars have.

Welcome anyway and happy adventures to you!

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Sponsor & Jakey
    Welcome to NMS Jockaneese, good to have you onboard If your mad on your MINI (or just plain mad) you've found the right place.

Hopefully see you and your One at a future meet or event
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Wul
    Welcome jockaneese!

Depending on how noticable the scratches are depends on what you need to do! But here's my advice based around the meguiars range which i think are excellent and good value check out www.meguiars.co.uk for info - they deliver or i buy mines from A1 Autostores in Bathgate as they are the same price without the postage.

Firstly if your car has been waxed already wash with a highly soapy concentrate of Washing up liquid and water - the washing up liquid will remove the original wax coating leaving the clear coat ready.

I would then use meguiars clear coat body scrub - using it vertically on the doors/boot and front to back on the roof and bonnet - NEVER SWIRL AT ANYTIME EVEN WHEN WASHING A CAR

For more subborn scratches use Scratch X in the same manner as above.

Your clear coat should now be super smooth and blemish free.

Follow this with one coat of gold class clear coat wax and it will gleam - this stuff is so easy to use - apply to whole car leave for 10 mins and then buff up - no white powder residue either! Add futher coats as desired for extra gloss/ protection.

Doing all this will prob take abou 2-3 hours but the results will be great!

If you really want to get in depth try http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html
    Good luck