Summer Job....any ideas??

Smitty
    Alrite guys!

One big problem for the summer.........NO JOB:(

I was relying on the Uni on finding me a placment, but so far no luck and there beginning to cut it a bit fine:mad:. Only one possibility so far, which is a placement with shell in Holland, so fingers crossed.

But apart from that nothing so i'm wondering if anyone has any bright ideas of companies n stuff that may take on students for the summer. Be able to work about 4 months! And can work Aberdeen area, or Brechin (Angus....Dundee) area.

I'm phoning councils tomorrow morning but no doubt they'll be very unhelpful so any else have ideas??

I'll thank you in advance for the help......and remember......i'm a poor poor student............NEED MONEY....so if u care to donate:approve:

The Dogfather
    Get yourself registered with a temp'ing agency, they'll find you a place no problem

Smitty
    quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Get yourself registered with a temp'ing agency, they'll find you a place no problem
    That did cross my mind, but i don't want to apply to one online as they all have big awkward forms to fill out and time is limited due to studying:(

Unless there are any aberdeen based agencies.....anyone know??

The Dogfather
    Aberdeen Apointments Agency (AAA). Try Yell.com as well for others.

what is it you do? or can do?
    Cooper Coupe...

lightbody
    I think registering with a temp agency is a better idea than registering with NMS!

You don't have time to fill the form in???

Sponsor
    Hey Smitty.

There is an opportunity available which I have done for the past 4 years during uni summer break (4 months).

It is working for a non destructive testing company as an assistant to the radiographers or assistant to the Automated ultrasonic techs. The job would involve living away from home (travel and accom paid for) but if based in Scotland you would be able to go home at weekends.

The hours are LONG and the job can often get repetitive, but this job alone has allowed me to be less of a tax dodger than most others (i.e I dont have a student loan!!). It is also great to have this type of experience on your CV if oil is what your wanting to get into.

It is an on the job training arrangement. Boots, coveralls, hard hat and other PPE are all supplied and the last time I was there they paid for all our meals at the hotel. AWSOME!

I may be back there this sumer after I graduate. I havn't decided.

If your interested then email me and I'll send you contact details and have a word with the boss man for ya!

www.unispec.co.uk (sorry about the crapness of this website! It's being re-developed as I type).

The job is not glamorous and and some of the guys who work on site are 100% committed and will expect no less from you (put it this way, if your a lazy fecker and you cant get out of bed in the morning, forget about this gig!!) , but it is likely to pay the bills and more!

Alternatively (the lazy option) go get a job as a call centre agent with one of the aberdeen taxi companies. £10 per hour for sitting on your ass.

Smitty
    Sleepy-Email Sent

ScottieCoop-I am student, i wil do anything....whether it be sitting at a computer or outside digging a hole! Although i study computing if thats any help!!

VB-I'm going to take a walk along and speak to a few agencies on and just off union street tomorrow:)

lightbody-Its more the effort that goes into filling in those forms, and i'll maybe not get something back. I think i would rather speak to someone face to face, your very restricted online:(

Fontal
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Hey Smitty.

There is an opportunity available which I have done for the past 4 years during uni summer break (4 months).

It is working for a non destructive testing company as an assistant to the radiographers or assistant to the Automated ultrasonic techs. The job would involve living away from home (travel and accom paid for) but if based in Scotland you would be able to go home at weekends.

The hours are LONG and the job can often get repetitive, but this job alone has allowed me to be less of a tax dodger than most others (i.e I dont have a student loan!!). It is also great to have this type of experience on your CV if oil is what your wanting to get into.

It is an on the job training arrangement. Boots, coveralls, hard hat and other PPE are all supplied and the last time I was there they paid for all our meals at the hotel. AWSOME!

If your interested then email me and I'll send you contact details and have a word with the boss man for ya!

www.unispec.co.uk (sorry about the crapness of this website! It's being re-developed as I type).

The job is not glamorous and and some of the guys who work on site are 100% committed and will expect no less from you (put it this way, if your a lazy fecker and you cant get out of bed in the morning, forget about this gig!!) , but it is likely to pay the bills and more!

Alternatively (the lazy option) go get a job as a call centre agent with one of the aberdeen taxi companies. £10 per hour for sitting on your ass.

This is what I do Yeay

man I should be locked up it's not a bad if you get a cushy number like me 6 miles from home and not much work to do.
    It certainly pays the bills

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Fontal

quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Hey Smitty.

This is what I do Yeay

man I should be locked up it's not a bad if you get a cushy number like me 6 miles from home and not much work to do.
    It certainly pays the bills
    Oh yeah I forgot you were an oceaneering tech. We employed a few oceaneering guys in the states when I was over there. One of them came to work for us in Scotland as an AUT operator. Hes certainly feeling the cold!!