17"s on my ONE...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Suzi
    I've bought 17" bullets for my one and was wondering how the suspension will cope with them.

Anyone think I'll need to get new springs or should I be ok?

Ta :)

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    The suspension will be ok but it might look a bit high off the ground. If I was you I would get them fitted and drive it for a week or so and see how it feels and looks and then make a decision on if you want to lower it. The ride will be much harder if you lower it and you know how rubbish the roads are around Midlothian, you will probably just bend a wheel or something on one of the huge pot holes.

The Dogfather
    What tyres have you gone for :question:

X30YES
    Should be ok I think ,but you will notice a difference driving from the standard wheels as the 17's are heavy and firmer on the road .

Suzi
    I've gone for the bullets, need to get center caps and locking bolts though - any thoughts on how much this'll set me back? Got the Electric blue chilli spoiler on aswell.

There's a bloke on mini2 selling S springs for £20 but i didnt know if this would make a difference or not...

Hopefully it won't look like a monster truck with the 17s on! :)

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    if they have run-flats on then you will notice a much harsher ride... but that may be what you are after...

Car
    I wouldnt go for runflats Suzz i would get normal tyres. Try Hays in Penicuik or you could try Costco. However Costco workers can be a little rough with your wheels and they never seem to balance them properly. You will pay a little more at hays but they are carefull with your wheels and wont charge any extra for swapping them over for you. There is no need for you to buy mega expensive tyres to go on a mini one I would just ask them for a good tyre

Suzi
    A rough ride??? :I:)

I still need to buy the tyres...

Ian, will pop down to Hays this afternoon and get a few tyre prices. What should I be looking to pay per tyre?

MyTyres had ones for £46 then the £11 per tyre to fit it at kwick-fit the tyres on the alloys though wonder how much Hays would charge for doing that?

CooperTrooper
    suzi,

you might also find that most high street kinda tyre places wont fit standard tyres to your run-flat rims.

i've had this problem loads :mad:

worth hunting out someone reliable and trustworthy

Car
    There shouldnt be any bother with the run flat problems at hays as youre mini one came from the factory with out run flats so you will have the foam and air compressor in your boot. I would not recomend run flat as they have a terrible hard ride and they are very expensive as well. I thought you would have to spend about £70 per tyre.