ICE

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Ohhhh, that's pretty :clown:
    Precisely!! And when you see it in real life, it's even better, they have it in Halfrauds!!

Wul
    Linda - i'm not questioning your judgement but why a sony Xpod changer? there are cheaper Pioneer units available and you may need an interface for the pioneer/ sony link.

If it's to utilise the existing cd-prep then don't bother - I fitted my new head unit and changer in 30 mins over luchtime - the big cable for the cd changer can be easily tucked away without demolishing the car first.

Linda M
    Does this mean I need to go back to looking at CD changers :disapprove: Wul I liked the colour of the Sony Xpod :I:clown:

Seriously though I get what you're saying Wul and will scout about again :) I noticed that you had a thread on MINI2 back in May about the head unit

I'm spending ages sourcing info on speakers which has me totally LOST :sleepy:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm spending ages sourcing info on speakers which has me totally LOST :sleepy:
    Did i mention ask mikeythemini for advice on decent speakers, he'll even supply the correct spacers etc

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    Sorry Alan, Willie says that I suffer from ADD :clown:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW

Sorry Alan, Willie says that I suffer from ADD :clown:
    Linda, i sent Willie a couple of pics showing what can be achieved in your mini.

Absolutely fantastic

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
    Linda - mikeythemini's website http://www.newministuff.co.uk/

and his email formbycarelec@aol.com or mikewildy@aol.com

Re the changer - i saw a nice shiny silver 12 disc pioneer for about £150ish not sure if it had mP3 though? Mines is silver too but it's hidden from view in the boot well recess - unfortunately you don't have that luxury due to your battery being there!

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

... it's hidden from view in the boot well recess - unfortunately you don't have that luxury due to your battery being there!
    I have that luxury though! I think Christmas might be sorted!!

Wul, I don't have the CD Changer prep installed - did you fit this yourself?

Wul
    GAJ - I had the CD prep and Bonnie Scotlands old OEM CD changer hooked up to my WAVE head unit - however i then flogged the CD changer and replaced the head unit with a Shiny silver JVC one and a 12 disc MP3 changer.

The new head unit/ changer has it's own cable which i easily ran from the dash to the boot by tucking it under the perimeter trims and then under the rear seat carpet and into the boot well. On that basis you don't need to have the cd prep.

However if you are wanting to install a MINI or SONY CD changer into your original head unit then you are probably gonna need to but the CD prep kit!

But if i was you i'd go for a new head unit/ changer deal as all you need is the head unit fitting kit from mikeythemini or john and et viola - instantly better sound quality!

Wul
    Hey Linda - why don't you go for an amp install like this:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25103

Don't think anyone on here has anything like this...yet

Isn't that right Alan?