ICE

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Linda M
    Geez, spent a few hours on the net last night checking all this ICE stuff out.....now I AM confused :I

To answer a few questions, I don't have the MFSW so don't need the adaptor.

The MP3 player isn't a problem it's the time and knowledge of I think you call it 'burning' CD's. Willie (technology freak) knows about that stuff but he really hasn't got the time or patience to teach me. Trust me it would end in divorce :I I hardly have 'any' computer skills apart from e-mail and the internet.....honestly don't have a clue, remember I've worked with Horses all my life....OUTSIDE 24hrs a day till now :I And in my school days there were NO computers :I

Anyway, back on track.....like the look of an Alpine or Kenwood head unit. I have discovered an ICE showroom in Stirling called RATS so I'll be paying them a visit soon as I'd like to actually hear some sets. Although I think they are quite 'up' market but I'll see.

Last night I got a bit excited and had thought about a subwoofer but that's kinda went by the wayside today as I think I'd be best trying to get the basics first.

Thank's for all the advice everyone :)

Wul
    you mean the pioneer dehp77mp julz?

£229.99 on caraudiodirect at the mo!

Linda M
    Ohhhh, that's pretty :clown:

Wul
    More info here http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2381 for Linda!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Hiya Linda..
    Here's some for comparison from Scenic...

Kenwood : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=6
    (I got the KDC-M6024G but it was £10 cheaper then! )

Alpine : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=1

Pioneer : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=9

Sony : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=10
    dunno if the prices there are any cheaper... maybe someone else has some comparisons?

Mini Martyn
    For sound quality go for Alpine, most of them are MP3 these days, and come in Silver, a bit like mine

http://www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk/trolleyed/6/index.htm#CDA9812RB

Only problem with buying over the internet some times is that it is B stock and dosent always work proparly (ie Stock that has had a problem and been fixed and resold) A freind of mine did that and his dosent eject proparly. :(

If you can spend more money on the front speakers as you can as this is where you are.

Good luck with it all i look forward to hearing you once its all done.

Linda M
    OK, after an afternoon and part the evening searching about the net I've made a couple of executive decisions :clown:

Going for the pioneer dehp77mp (thank you Julie & Wul :)) The reasons are because I love it's simple design, it's very stylish and I think it's pretty cool (just like ME.....Oops sound's like I'm on blind date now :clown:) Also after searching about I managed to find quite a few reviews of it which were all good so that helped

Next decision was a Sony Xpod cd changer.

Now comes the bit which I need loads of help on folks...SPEAKERS....where do I begin :question::question:

By the way I'm up to about £500 already Cheap speakers would be nice :I Only kidding :clown:

Thank's folks :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Linda,
    It really pays to shop around at various different suppliers, i've seen your head unit as much as £35 of difference
    Also, pioneer are having supply teoubles at the moment, best get in quick.
    As for speakers, i remember hearing John's after he put in new rears, they sounded good, so, try him.
    Contact mikeythemini for an idea, he'll send the stuff to you

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Linda, I used to be into ICE in a BIG way. What I can tell you is that there is no substitute for quality. The front setup on the Mini is what is known at "component" speakers with a crossover. Without getting too technical the high sounds go to the wee speaker and the low to the bigger speaker. A few years ago, I had a set of Clif Designs component speakers and they cost £250. The sound was amazing, compared to the originals. Good sound, does cost money (get what you pay for and all that). If you are also going to put in bigger speakers in the back and a subwoofer in the boot, (this may be at a later date, but you must get this decision right) then make sure that your new head unit can handle it. I would suggest at least 2 pre-outs and an inbuilt amp of 4 x 50W minimum. If you want any further info, let me know - also I still have my Clif Design speakers and a set of Alpine 6 x 9's. As for Head Units - if you have the money go for Alpine or Kenwood, all the top ICE nuts have them.

Linda M
    Alan, I'm gonna try get the head unit tomorrow.

Craig, thank's for 'all' that info....I actually understood it :) Well explained.