ICE

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Linda M
    Ok, need a bit of help from anyone. I'm wanting to put a decent sound system in Daisy but I am not 'up' on ICE so any help would be appreciated.

I'm not looking for the 'biggest' or 'best' just decent sound. Keep it simple please as I'm not a 'technology' freak so not interested in these MP3 things :I

Was thinking about just CD with an upgraded 'cool' speaker system.

seany
    Can't help you there, not into the technology side of ice, 2-3 years time i will be looking for someone to help me 2.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Ok, need a bit of help from anyone. I'm wanting to put a decent sound system in Daisy but I am not 'up' on ICE so any help would be appreciated.
    I'm not looking for the 'biggest' or 'best' just decent sound. Keep it simple please as I'm not a 'technology' freak so not interested in these MP3 things :I
    Was thinking about just CD with an upgraded 'cool' speaker system.
    Linda, it's really gonna depend on just exactly how far you wanna go, but, it depends on whether you want a cd changer too.
    Firstly the speakers have to go for upgraded units, decent fronts and rears should set you back about £160, these would be simple replacement siz for size jobbies, a fair bit of work involved to replace them but nowt to a hi fi installer.
    Was looking myself for an MP3 CD player for me julie, can get them online for 140 quid new.
    So, choose that and your looking at 400 quid all in fitted, time to call the resident Zoooooom (John on here, lol)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    I was planning on spending round about £600. New cd system, replacing front and rear speakers. I'd also want a cd changer fitted.

Was going to pick up Car Audio mag this week :clown:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Linda M

I was planning on spending round about £600. New cd system, replacing front and rear speakers. I'd also want a cd changer fitted.Was going to pick up Car Audio mag this week :clown:
    You should easily get something for that, check out this site, nice and cheap http://www.incardiscount.co.uk then get John to install, bit of a distance to go, unless you can get someone else

Have you got the MFSW?? you'll need an adaptor and may want to go with a known route, contact mikeythemini on MINI2 for extra advice, he can sell you all the adaptors you'll need http://www.newministuff.co.uk/

Also, do you have the CD prep?? again you'll need an interface to connect it to your choice of cd changer

Bonnie Scotland

Julz
    Linda, I would honestly advise an MP3 player, I couldn't live without mine, 10+ albums on 1 cd, braww!! And if you've got as many albums as Alan (he owns HMV you know!!), then an MP3 changer would do the biz!! I personally found that with my rather lovely new MP3 player, that the exisitng speakers were pretty good, and I can almost deafen out the sound of the exhaust!! Hope you find what you're after, or what about an i-Pod (sorry Willie, had to drop that one in!!):clown::I

GAJ
    iPod!! Yeahhh!!!

Wul
    Linda - there's so many diferent options available out there that you could spend forever deciding on things - however i agree with BS and Julz that for the wee bit extra it's worth going for an MP3 player.

Another factor to consider is gettting a head unit you like the look of - ie one which sits nicely with your interior - what interior finish do you have? silver, anthracite, alloy patina, walnut? Also as BS said you need to make sure it is compatible with the MSFW via an adaptor.

With my silver interior - i went for a JVC CD head unit and 12 discs changer - the changer is also mp3 compatible so can play both - the head unit is silver and matches nicely - i got it from www.caraudiodirect.com for £199 and an adaptor from mikey the mini for about £15.

Next on list will be rear speaker (6x9's) as i am now scared my headunit (45w) will blow my 10w speaker if i get too heavy handed with the bass/volume.

This probably hasn't helped you much - but i'm sure john and co can guide you some more too!

:)

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Hi Linda..
    Definitely the first step is a decent Head unit. that improves the sound spectacularly for the least £££
    Like Julz says, if you have the technology on a your PC, go for an MP3 player head unit!
    I'm slowly going down the same sort of route, speakers are next (but i do have a 12" sub lying waiting )
    You can get the adaptor and all fitting bits from Mikeythemini (DEFINITELY recommended - excellent service from him!)
    for the rest of your stuff you won't go far wrong trying www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk in Birminham too. I got my head unit from them... V cheap and it was here the next day!

Wul... I'm running a 4x50 Watt head unit thru the standard speakers just now... they cope admirably up to about 25 on the volume scale!!! 6x9s are next tho... I already have the amps waiting!

Julz
    While I mind Linda, Pioneer do an MP3 head unit that looks nice and simple, but the finish is a dark scratched metaly (techinical!!) effect that would match the Daisy's dash nicely (I thought of getting it, but had just forked out £300 for my MP3!!)