Rear Brake Lights

duncan
    I've just looked out at my MINI, and to my surprise, the rear brake lights were on. Not just the high level LED one either.

I know this has been mentioned before, and I'll have to get JC's to look at this, but does anyone know what the fault is?

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Does your car have front brake lights??

Duncan check under the dashboard and look at the top of the brake pedal and look to see if the brake light switch has just come loose and is just needing refitted, thats all I think it's needing. Two minute job, instead of letting JCs charge you for an hours labour for it.

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by john

Does your car have front brake lights??
    Well, it made you look at the topic!

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Duncan check under the dashboard and look at the top of the brake pedal and look to see if the brake light switch has just come loose and is just needing refitted, thats all I think it's needing. Two minute job, instead of letting JCs charge you for an hours labour for it.
    Cheers. I had a look, and can't see anything obvious.

If you keep your foot on the brake pedal, and then switch the engine off, with the key at the '0' position, the brake lights go off.
    They still stay off when you take the key out, and lock the doors still pressing the pedal.

Anyway, its booked in for tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be warranty job!

duncan
    Oh well, No Fault Found, but I'm not really surprised seeing as its intermittent.
    The Fault log on the diagnostics showed nothing for it (but showed the run flat button was faulty)

So they say its going to be referred up the tree to MINI UK.

Here's hoping they know something.