Polishing the easy way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    X30YES
    I thought this might be interesting to someone.best buffer test

Wul
    See they don't test the PC - presumably due to it not being a UK product - interesting findings though!

The Bull
    I thought that it was recommended to avoid orbital polishers at all costs or you'll end up with swirls and burns. They don't even mention that the Meguiars on is the only random orbit polisher.

Is it ok to get an orbital? I can't really afford a PC or a Megs one so would I be ok getting a decent orbital one and just being careful when I use it?

Wul
    Ed - A real orbital polisher in the wrong hands could do some damage - fortunately most of the machines on test there would probably struggle to polish the skin off a rice pudding - especially the cordless ones!

The real problem I find with thes kinda machines is stopping the polish going everywhere - you'll spend the rest of your life trying to get the stuff off all your trim!

X30YES
    Guess it all depends on how you Polish it then Wull

N12 JLK
    A wee bit of elbow grease is the best way to do it, keeps you fit also

Sweeney
    just out of interest what polishes/waxes is everyone using?

i use autogylms super resin polish, ultra deep shine and extra gloss protection but im starting to doubt whether autogylm is a "premium" product after reading a few posts on here

N12 JLK
    'Meguires tec wax' brings the car up brilliantly ( watch it Mr Davies)

Mark R
    quote:Originally posted by lesley12

'Meguires tec wax' brings the car up brilliantly
    I'm using the same

The Bull
    As said probably a thousand times already...Meguiars NXT Tech Wax takes some beating on decent paint surfaces, which all minis should be given the age of even the oldest. (Not classic of course )

It is easy to apply, goes on clear (not white!), easy to buff off (with a microfibre cloth preferably) and leaves a great shine.

Some say Klasse AIO (All-in-one) is better and I can't argue because I haven't tried it yet. Might do when my bottle of NXT is empty!